chapter 29

"This food is so delicious!" Naruko couldn't help herself, it was just so good, she ate every single thing that the waiters brought, making Sasuke gag at her in disgust, and Menma felt it like a personal mission to double his sister, stealing food from the younger Uchiha's plate, that thanks to his pickiness didn't try to stop him, since half of his plates remained almost intact.

Itachi didn't say anything, he didn't really want to encourage the weird competition in any way, limiting himself to simply act as a spectator listening to Fugaku's and Minato's conversation about how the dealings with Sabaku were going, and his curiosity peeked when he heard them mention Akatsuki. Apparently Yahiko was there that evening, and he was surprised he hadn't met his orange haired friend or his partners.

"Naruko dear, I was wondering would you be interested in coming house shopping with me?"

Naruko swallowed the piece of meat she had devoured and stared at her 'mother in law' that was smiling sweetly at her.

"House shopping?" She asked raising a brow in wonder, questioning why she wanted her to go along.

"Yes dear, for Itachi's new place. Men don't really know what a house needs, and you are very young, and need someone instructing you. Me and your mother were just talking about it"

Naruko looked at Itachi, he had mentioned that he wanted her to choose some of the furniture, but to go with his mother, made her feel like she was already being welcomed into the Uchiha family as a daughter in law, in some official way. She didn't find it displeasing, just really nerve wrecking.

"I…guess…well sure! Of course I would like to!"

"Very well! Sakura dear you are welcomed to come too, I think it's time we get to know each other better"

Sakura stared at her almost in shock, and Sasuke almost choked on his water, falling into a coughing fit.

"Teme breathe" Naruko patted him on the back under Itachi's amused gaze.

"Little brother it's nothing to panic about" Of course they were both in the same situation, so he couldn't really help him there.

"You're one to talk, next thing she will have them call her 'mother' and deciding the date of our weddings, oh wait, she is already doing that for you!"

This time it was Naruko's time to choke on something, and Itachi patted her on the back, rolling his eyes at his brother.

"What?" she looked at her own mother that simply grinned at that, not denying Sasuke's words.

"What? A wedding takes a long time to plan!" Kushina defended herself, and Menma looked at his mother, his mouth hanging open at her.

"I hope you're not doing that with me!" he pointed his finger at his mother, and she rolled her eyes at her son.

"Who cares about that! you're really planning our wedding? Mom! I'm seventeen and Itachi and I have been together only a month! I still have a lot of things to do before that happens! And besides, you don't even know if he would want to marry me and-"

"Calm down Naruko, we obviously only talked about it, we would like for that to happen, I won't deny that, and after all it would be after you graduate from college"