ONE.

. . . 

a cuddle buddy.

that's everything wonwoo wanted.

it was pitch black outside; the moon was the only source of light in the sky, though it was barely visible as the thick clouds blocked the circle-shaped satellite. though wonwoo could still see it, comparing the faded light as his light of hope of having a cuddle buddy.

wonwoo loved skinship.

him loving skinship was only a secret shared between him and the countless of fluffy pillows he usually cuddled at night. no one knew. he appeared very cold-hearted and closed to his friends. yes, he had lots of friends since first year of high school, who surprisingly hadn't dumped him yet, yet no one knew that he loved cuddling or being cuddled.

whenever they had sleepovers, wonwoo either declined the invitation or accepted going to the sleepover, yet whenever he did the latter, he had a lot of difficulties falling asleep without cuddling something. the boy didn't want them to find out that he cuddled something to sleep- it seemed really childish and funny, considering he was a grown ass boy in second year of high school.

saying he cuddled something to sleep was the same as if he still had a light turned on to keep the monsters away throughout the night. thankfully wonwoo didn't find the dark scary or anything, he actually found it pretty comforting and soothed him to sleep or think about different things. he'd rather have someone cuddle him, though a pillow clearly didn't have arms to engulf him in their embrace, so wonwoo didn't have a chance but choose a pillow as something he could cuddle for the whole night.

wonwoo was currently sitting on a chair close to his window and was looking at the sky through the curtains. he loved admiring the sky and felt as if he could relate to it in many different ways; the main one being that whenever it was pitch black, like that night, wonwoo felt cold and empty inside that not even a pillow could replace the longing feeling inside of him. though, whenever small dots littered the sky, mainly around the circle-shaped satellite, known as the moon, wonwoo felt that maybe he'd be finding someone who'd have no objections of being a cuddle buddy for him.

they didn't have to be friends, nor have to be close to each other; wonwoo just needed someone that could wrap his arms around him and made him feel safe and loved the whole night.

yes, wonwoo was gay.

there was nothing wrong with that, he believed, so he openly admitted that he was gay.

wonwoo sighed and rubbed his tired eyes. he was pretty sure he'd have dark circles around his eyes by tomorrow, but he seriously didn't care anymore. he had given up on caring about his appearance, whatever he tried to do didn't hide the fact that he looked like a mess in the mornings, so he didn't even try at that point.

it was past twelve am and wonwoo was sure that he wouldn't be sleeping that night, so he just rested his head on his window and hugged himself, looking up at the sky with his wide cat-eyes. no one was awake at that time, he believed, so he didn't have someone to accompany him.

he only had himself, so he'd be talking to himself.

"you're doing great, wonwoo. you've been getting good grades and making your parents proud for how far you've gone. you have some amazing and loyal friends at school, who never leave you alone and support you about everything you do, even if you aren't that friendly to them.

"try to be more friendly to them if you don't want them to dump you. everyone leaves you at some point because of your cold personality. no one wants to deal with your bullshit, so get a hold of yourself and show them that you're not that unapproachable as you seem."

wonwoo ended up scolding himself, as it always happened. it started with praises and comforting words, though ended up with a harsh scolding and whatever he tried to do, didn't sugar-coated his scolding one bit.

"present wonwoo, you're doing well.

future wonwoo, get yourself a fucking cuddle buddy or a or you'll end up lonely your whole life."

. . .

a random fanfiction idea that came to my mind at 2 am?? anyways,, hopefully it'll turn out good.

a 2021 note: this story is your typical, crappy wattpad story, written on impulse, completely unplanned, back in 2019 when my writing was quite bad. due to not having enough time and patience to edit this entire book, i've always wanted to take it down simply because i'm not satisfied with it and it feels quite embarrassing to leave it up. however, looking back on it, i've had a lot of fun with this book and it would feel cruel to delete it. i've also received many loving comments i don't want to lose and people oddly seem to enjoy this story, too. with that being said, if you're still set on reading this book, i hope you have a great time, but i'm warning you that there's a lot of low-quality fluff content :)