TWO.

. . .

"you haven't slept well once again?" jeonghan asked once he saw wonwoo stepping inside the class. jeonghan was always caring and gentle towards everyone. whenever someone needed a shoulder or needed to be comforted, jeonghan was always there, no matter how close the person was to him. he also had one mischievous side, but he only showed that to his closest friends.

seeing the sweetest and the most gentle guy turn into a typical 'bad boy' behavior was something that you didn't see everyday, so whenever jeonghan mentioned something tricky or wanted to do a prank, everyone got excited at the idea.

after all, he was the one who scolded them after everything stupid and immature they did.

wonwoo just sighed and shook his head, sitting on the desk behind jeonghan and hansol, who was sitting beside jeonghan. he also seemed pretty sleepy, though was in a better state than wonwoo.

wonwoo slouched down on the chair and rested his head on his arms tiredly. he soon closed his eyes, desperately trying to fall asleep so he could pretend he was okay throughout the day. he was sure that if he did fall asleep, his nap wouldn't last long since the teacher would come in and eventually wake him up.

jeonghan just sighed and rubbed his hand up and down wonwoo's arm. "if something is bothering you that is causing you lack of sleep, then you can always come to me. don't hesitate to open up to me, okay? i'm a good listener."

after those words were said, he started carding his fingers through his hair, making wonwoo feel an amazing feeling of satisfaction and causing him to lean onto his touch instantly, like a baby did whenever their mother did an affectionate gesture which included skinship.

jeonghan seemed taken aback from his action, but he guessed wonwoo was too tired to even think of his actions so he let it slide. it wasn't a bad thing, anyway. he kept petting his head and caressing his hair as time slowly went by, meaning that the teacher was about to enter soon and that wonwoo was getting sleepier and sleepier every second.

as wonwoo was about to fall asleep and escape in dreamland, where everything he wished and imagined became true, the door burst open in a second, causing everyone who was present in the room to flinch- including wonwoo. the poor boy snapped out of his peaceful and relaxed state and looked around frantically, trying to understand what was happening.

the others snickered at his reaction, while jeonghan just sent them all a glare which made them shut up.

"as you may have noticed, i hope, your teacher is here so pay some attention and respect please." their teacher, mrs. byun said, "anyway, i hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to start the lesson with your mind fresh and relaxed. but, before we continue our lesson, i have an announcement to do."

the majority or them looked up at her seriously, expecting some school activities which happened every year, while some could definitely care less; judging by their facial expressions. wonwoo was one of those who didn't seem to care at all; all he wanted to do was to get some hours of sleep and leave that damn cursed building, if he could.

"we have a new student among us! mingyu, come here and introduce yourself please." mrs. byun smiled warmly and immediately after she said that, a really, really tall bulky boy entered the classroom, wearing a big heartwarming smile that stole everyone's hearts. judging by his appearance, most of them predicted that school would definitely be more fun starting by that moment, while wonwoo just prayed that the new guy wouldn't be sitting next to him, since he was the only one sitting alone.

"hello! my name's kim mingyu and i'm pretty friendly. i'm looking forward to becoming friends with, why not, all of you! please take care of me!" he bowed towards them all and sent another heartwarming smile to everyone who was present.

wonwoo didn't like this guy that much already. sure, he was really handsome and a perfect ideal man with an ideal body, but he was too loud and positive for a quiet and shy soul like wonwoo's. he'd rather have someone as peaceful and quiet around him, even though his other eleven friends were the complete opposite. wonwoo somehow stuck with them for almost 2 years and was used to the noise coming from them, but he didn't need another one added, either in their group or around him.

however, he couldn't help but admit how perfect his arms seemed to have somebody in his embrace. they looked perfect for cuddling; strong and protective, yet gentle and loose. it was the exact feeling that wonwoo wished for at nights, but it was pointless. he couldn't just walk up to him and ask him if they could cuddle just because wonwoo had a strong addict for being cuddled throughout the night.

"perfect. now, mingyu, go sit beside jeon wonwoo, please. wonwoo, please raise your hand." mrs.byun asked and mingyu looked around curiously, trying to find out himself who was this wonwoo guy. in a matter of seconds his eyes landed on a lonely-looking guy at the back of the room, so he assumed it was him since he was sitting alone.

mingyu saw the hesitation in wonwoo's face, yet he still raised his hand slowly, as if he were afraid of something. mingyu smiled widely and made his way towards him, sitting by his side and holding up his hand for a handshake. when wonwoo didn't even make an attempt of raising his hand to shake his, mingyu slowly pulled it back with an awkward smile.

things weren't going well and it was only the first day of school. if he'd be stuck with wonwoo his whole year then he probably wouldn't be opening his mouth to speak anytime soon. the said boy seemed cold and not friendly at all, which meant silence and nothing shared in between them.

mingyu couldn't bear with that.

"uh, you surely know me now since i introduced myself in front of the whole class, and i also know your name now because of mrs. byun so, um- hi, i guess?" mingyu smiled awkwardly and that warmed up wonwoo's heart a bit. his confidence had completely fallen down and he was trying his best to make a conversation with wonwoo, even if he was  embarrassing himself.

wonwoo just sighed and cracked a small smile, nodding his head towards mingyu. "hi."

nothing else was said, leaving an awkward silence and obvious tension hanging in the air for the whole class.

. . .