EIGHTEEN.

. . .

around three weeks had passed with all of them doing the usual routine and finally the exams month had arrived, which certainly didn't make any student happy.

starting from now they had to stay all day stuck at home with a pile of books in front of them, not having the chance to take a break due to how much they had to study. the time of the exams was really stressful to wonwoo and affected his mood in a bad way.

due to the stress and fear he felt around this time, he was way more impatient and snapped at everyone when things weren't going his way. not to mention that he also had strict parents that wanted him to get good grades only; it pressured him even more.

and this time it was no different.

wonwoo had his first exam today and he was literally shaking due to his nerves. he had spend hours studying about his exam, but even if he had done that, he still felt as if he lacked something. wonwoo still felt like everything he studied would go to waste due to his anxiety level. he still felt as if he'd fail.

usually when wonwoo was this stressed, his mind went completely blank. no matter how much he tried to come up with something and make himself calm down, he just couldn't. he thankfully hadn't experienced any panic attack so far; though it was close to that.

the guy sat at the back of the class, patiently waiting for the teacher to come in and give him the dreaded blank paper, which tested him about his knowledge in the subject. although he seemed calm outside, in the inside he felt as if he was truly suffocating. unfortunately, he didn't share this class with any of his friends at such time, which left him all alone to deal with himself. 

finally, the teacher arrived with a bunch of papers in his hand and made his way to his desk with a bright smile in his face. wonwoo looked at him and scoffed; of course he was smiling, he wasn't the one experiencing such stress like the rest of them. he probably looked forward to seeing his students struggle due to the exam's level of difficulty. 

"good morning, students," he started with a smile, "as you know, we have an exam today and now i'll be giving each one of you an exam. good luck!" 

wonwoo let out a shaky exhale once the paper was placed in front of him. "here we go again.."

. . .

it didn't turn out as well as wonwoo had expected.

he was so frustrated at himself; he had spent literal hours ignoring everyone and focusing only on the books spread in front of him, trying to memorize everything that he had learned so far, yet he didn't do that well. the stress was to blame; it made his mind go blank and as much as he tried to remember the right answer, all he could think of was how much time he had left to complete the whole exam. 

wonwoo just sighed and looked down on his feet, disappointed in himself. if the rest of the exams he had to take were going this way, then wonwoo wouldn't even bother to put himself in such stress. 

"hey wonu!" a loud voice was heard behind him, making the said boy turn around. there he noticed mingyu running towards him with the brightest smile ever, making wonwoo smile bitterly. he had probably done well in whatever exam he had to take, and there's him, barely passing. 

"i missed you!" mingyu threw his arms around the other's small frame and hugged him tightly, not caring whether wonwoo was going to hug him back or not. and as expected he didn't, though it was okay; mingyu got to feel the other's arms around him when cuddling together.