TWENTY-ONE.

. . .

ever since that sleepover night, nothing was the same.

the word that wonwoo had ran off just like that after seeming to remember something was spread among all twelve of them and it was beyond an understatement that all of them were really, really confused.

though, the one that was the most confused and hurt from all of them was mingyu himself.

he felt as if he were the reason why wonwoo had ran off like that. he didn't know why he was so sure about it, but he was almost one hundred percent sure that it was related to the drunk confession that he did that night. though the question was: why didn't he stay to wait for mingyu's response?

was it that hard for wonwoo to let go of his insecurity for once and be brave enough to face the truth instead of running away? maybe it could be what he wanted - he couldn't find out if he didn't stay.

the boy was ignoring not only mingyu, but also the others. the tan-skinned boy had tried everything to contact wonwoo, but the boy kept ignoring him. he had tried everything except going to his house, and he had promised to himself that he'd go if wonwoo wasn't at school on monday.

mingyu didn't know when he realized that he had feelings for wonwoo — whether it was love at first sight or he started feeling something for him later on when they started their cuddling session - it didn't matter. all that mattered was the fact that wonwoo had the same feelings for him.

he wanted to show wonwoo that he returned his feelings — hell, he had waited so long, hoping that wonwoo would open up to him and hopefully gain some feelings for him, and now that it was finally happening, he wasn't planning to let go of him.

monday came and once the alarm went off, mingyu jumped from his bed and started getting ready. never in his life had he been this excited to go at school, but if it were for wonwoo he wasn't complaining.

sadly, on mondays he only shared one class with wonwoo and the boy had probably planned to ignore mingyu the whole day; though, not on mingyu's watch. the boy was determined not to let wonwoo escape from him.

he'd make sure of that.

. . .

first thing he did once he stepped inside the school building was to look around for a familiar black-haired boy with sweater paws. it wasn't hard to figure out what wonwoo would usually wear; everything that the boy owned were hoodies and sweaters.

while looking for wonwoo, he bumped onto joshua.

"hey, have you seen wonwoo around? i'm trying to find him but he's nowhere." mingyu huffed annoyed and saw as joshua smiled apologetically. "sorry gyu, i haven't. he probably hasn't come to school today."

mingyu frowned and looked down on his feet. joshua sighed and reached to ruffle his hair in a comforting way. "don't worry about it, you can always go to his house if he isn't here. he won't be able to hide from us any longer." he sent him a wink before turning away and heading to his class.

if mingyu continued to search for the tsundere boy, he'd run late and wasn't in the mood to face a scolding from his annoying math teacher — so with a heavy heart that he hadn't been able to find the boy, he started walking to his class.

time passed by quickly and mingyu had still made no improvement on trying to find wonwoo.

going class to class, hallway to hallway, there was no sign of wonwoo. mingyu was really starting to believe that the boy hadn't even tried to get up and go to school. it seemed as if the boy had planned to ignore them and for a few more days, until his parents probably noticed that he was purposefully avoiding going to school.

even in the class that he shared with wonwoo there was no sign of him. he had been hoping that he was probably running late for any reason, but minutes passed quickly and it was certain that the boy wouldn't come.

"he hasn't come today, mingyu, otherwise you'd find him. stop searching him, you won't find him anywhere." jihoon said casually as everyone watched mingyu having a mental breakdown that wonwoo was nowhere to be found.

"but i really hoped he'd come today." mingyu whined and ruffled his hair annoyed, watching as minghao was obviously trying to hold back from fixing the other's hair. he was such a perfectionist; always wanting things to go his way in the most perfect way possible.

"go ahead, hao. you'll probably go crazy if you don't fix my hair." mingyu rolled his eyes as minghao smiled widely and started fixing his hair.

"have you tried going to the rooftop? maybe he's there." jeonghan shrugged as seungkwan threw a fry at him. "what the fuck would be wonwoo doing at the damn rooftop, it doesn't make any sense."

minghao clicked his tongue annoyed and threaded his fingers through the boy's bangs one last time before giving his head a pat, satisfied with what he had done.

"hmm, we wouldn't know, but for real, i remember wonu once saying that he liked to spend time either at the library or rooftop whenever he was upset. maybe he's really there." minghao smiled and saw as mingyu nodded his head in response, already planning on heading there once classes were finished.

. . .

the last bell was heard, meaning that the day was finally over. everyone was free to go to their own houses and take a break after a long and tiring day. the students ran out of the building and went on their own way, all except for mingyu and his other friends.

"if wonwoo really likes to spend time at the rooftop like hao said, you better start going before he leaves." junhui said and saw as mingyu nodded his head and turned around to leave. "wish good luck to me!" that was all they heard before mingyu went inside the building once again.

"god, he's so whipped," jeonghan chuckled, "i swear even if one day wonwoo throws him out of the window he'll still thank him."

as the guys were making fun of mingyu's love for wonwoo, the boy was racing up the stairs to the rooftop. he was literally praying that the boy would be there, as if the rooftop was the only place where he could find him. as he had promised to himself, if he didn't find wonwoo, then he'd go to his house — it was just as simple as that.

once he reached the rooftop, he opened the door and found himself on top of the school building, where you could clearly see the sky and the buildings in front. it actually felt great to be up there; you could see the sky clearly and a cool breeze would pass by once in a while.

nonetheless he wasn't there to appreciate the view, he was there to find wonwoo.

speaking of him, as soon as mingyu started walking to the center of the rooftop, he found the boy sitting on the railing while looking down at the buildings and houses.

his eyes started twinkling like the stars on a clear night sky as he yelled out one certain name with full joy.

"wonwoo!"

. . .

after a full week of the girl avoiding the only one that truly cared about her, she finally decided that it was enough. she had noticed the boy trying to find her everywhere and asking people if they had seen her, making her guilty about how much he had made the boy wait.

the truth was that she had thought that he wouldn't want to see her after her drunk confession, but after seeing how much he had tried to find her this past week  truly concerned about the girl she was convinced that nothing like that would happen.

she wrote a note and left it on the boy's locker, saying to meet her at the rooftop after classes. once the last bell was heard, she waited for the boy while leaning against the railings. she was sure he was on his way; too excited to see her after a long time.

once the door opened, she looked up and noticed the boy standing there with widened eyes.

"there you are!"

. . .

ok so i basically updated this book like hours ago but there was no notification every time i published the chapter n i got mad so here it is again