TWENTY-THREE.

. . .

soft and silky material felt mingyu against his skin, and it wasn't too much work to figure out that it was the material of the fluffy blankets draped over him. it felt too comfortable and cozy for him to leave the bed. the urge to stay in bed was continuing to grow stronger — and just as he was about to risk it all and stay in bed all day, a pillow collided with his face.

mingyu let out a loud groan and pushed it away from his face, about to throw hands to whoever that had thrown it to him — only to see it was wonwoo. he pursed his lips and sat up on his bed, following every move of the boy.

wonwoo found it cute how mingyu's hair was such a cute mess, that he really wanted to run his fingers through his hair, but it wasn't time for that. they were running late — basically mingyu, since wonwoo was already ready for school and ready to go.

"what time is it?" mingyu groggily asked, expecting it to be like six a.m when he usually got ready for school. wonwoo look at the clock and threw mingyu a look with a suspicious smile.

"six forty-five." once mingyu heard that, he widened his eyes and threw the blankets aside. he rushed to get on his feet while he grabbed the hoodie and pair of jeans throw somewhere. "why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"

"i tried to, but you wouldn't wake up no matter what. it's your fault, not mine." wonwoo shrugged and saw as mingyu puffed his cheeks angrily and glared at him. just as the taller was about to go to the bathroom, his eye caught the book that he had told wonwoo to read yesterday placed on the nightstand.

he bit his lip as he noticed that wonwoo had read the whole book. mingyu threw the boy a look and saw the way he was so chill, like nothing had happened. at that point, the boy started frowning. had he even read the note? or he had and was pretending he hadn't?

maybe he wasn't ready to take a step further? was mingyu going too fast? the boy pouted as he opened the door and entered the bathroom, surely in a sour mood. he was so excited about his plan and was almost one hundred percent sure it'd work. as much as mingyu seemed one confident guy that could do things without any struggle, whenever he thought about confessing to wonwoo and asking him out on a date face to face, he became a coward in an instant.

he couldn't bare the thought of embarrassing himself in front of the boy while he confessed, so when he thought about his plan, he was beyond excited and anticipated a positive answer in the morning. 

whether it was positive or negative, he hadn't expected wonwoo to act as if the note at the end of the book didn't exist.

mingyu sighed as he looked up at himself in the mirror. "maybe next time, gyu. next time."

. . .

both boys arrived late at school, as mingyu had begged for wonwoo to wait for him as he got ready. he didn't want to face a scolding from the teacher first thing in the morning, and as he and wonwoo shared the first class together, he found it better if both him and wonwoo ran late.

and wonwoo being one person that couldn't say no to the younger's puppy eyes gave in.

"i regret this so much. remind me to never wait for your ass once again." wonwoo grumbled and rested his head on his arm. him and mingyu got a long scolding from their teacher, plus the fact that he was already feeling sleepy and was not having it made his mood worsen.