TWENTY-FOUR.

. . .

the day has finally come.

after a long time of crushing on wonwoo, mingyu had finally decided to man up and ask him out on a date. not face to face, of course; he wasn't brave enough for that. it seemed ridiculous how a simple question like 'will you go out on a date with me' changed someone's whole life, but it did and mingyu couldn't even describe how overwhelmed he was feeling right now.

he and wonwoo had agreed to have their date at the latter's house— just a simple movie marathon with some cuddles and food to share. nothing special, really. 

mingyu knew how uncomfortable wonwoo could easily get whenever he was in a new environment or with new people, so he thought that taking him out somewhere as a first time wasn't that ideal. he thought a lot about what minghao had told him, and he came to a conclusion that a date spent with what wonwoo was comfortable with was better.

it wasn't that romantic indeed, but mingyu would rather have the least romantic date and be able to see how comfortable wonwoo was around him, rather than going to the fanciest restaurant out there with wonwoo not enjoying the date one bit.

he was currently making his way to wonwoo's house and to say that he felt nervous was an understatement. no matter how much he tried to calm himself down while repeating over and over again that it was just a usual hang out with wonwoo over at his house, it didn't change the fact that it was a date. 

maybe not the most ideal date out there, but it was still counted as a date. in all honesty, mingyu didn't have high expectations that something would happen during their date. it most likely would feel like another cuddle session that they had, but that didn't mean that he wasn't hoping for more.

maybe a little kiss? 

yeah, that.

mingyu still remembered how he tried to kiss wonwoo that one time, but the latter pushed him away. he just hoped that this time the boy wouldn't do that again, even if he wasn't planning to kiss wonwoo out of nowhere.

finally arriving in front of wonwoo's house, he stood right in front of the door and inhaled and exhaled deeply. "alright mingyu, you got this. don't do anything stupid, don't make yourself seem like an idiot in front of him. try to be calm throughout the date, act like it's something casual— even if it's not casual at all. oh my god it's a fucking date, i'm—"

"are you done?" the tan-skinned male suddenly heard a voice speak up, making him shut his mouth instantly. he averted his eyes from the ground to the boy in front of him, and once he saw who it was, mingyu wanted nothing more than just to dig his own grave right now.

great, he just made himself look like a complete idiot, and it's just the first second.

"come in," wonwoo opened the door wide and let mingyu enter. the giant really had expected wonwoo to throw one of his insults there, but he didn't. that was quite a progression, right?

"..idiot." mingyu let out a load groan and ruffled his hair annoyed, looking down at wonwoo who was slightly chuckling. "you'll never miss an opportunity to throw your insults at me, huh?" he shook his head and placed his jacket somewhere.

"nope." wonwoo giggled and moved over to the couch, soon plopping down on it. mingyu looked around and saw that there were plenty of blankets and pillows scattered around, which had probably been there for some time since wonwoo was too lazy to pick them up.

"hey, i have an idea," mingyu's eyes lit up, "what if we make a pillow fort? i've always wanted to do one." 

wonwoo raised an eyebrow before nodding slightly. "yeah, sure. later, though. come sit beside me now." the boy patted the empty space beside him, which mingyu gladly took. soon after he sat down, wonwoo snuggled up to him and covered them both with a blanket, hiding his face in mingyu's neck.