TWELVE.

. . .

finally, after a long and exhausting day, the final bell rang; causing every student to leave each classroom in a blink of an eye. everyone looked forward to this part of the day and when it came, no one wasted a second to leave that hated brickwork building.

"i'm pretty sure i failed my literature essay." mingyu sighed as he stretched him limbs once he was out of the building. behind him were wonwoo, jeonghan, jihoon and seungkwan. the others either had extra classes or had left already. 

"i stayed up all night to finish it yet i'm pretty sure i won't pass." he whined and shoved his hands in his pockets as he and the other boys started walking. jeonghan looked up at him and reached to pat him on his shoulder, comforting him in some kind of way.

"well, why don't you get a tutor? maybe they'll help you." jeonghan shrugged and saw as mingyu scoffed and shook his head. "getting a literature tutor is so dumb, it makes me look like i can't write for shit in my own language."

"well, can you?" jihoon raised an eyebrow and saw as mingyu hesitated for a moment before sighing and looking down. "well, no." jihoon snorted in response and kept walking beside his friends.

"wonwoo's actually good in literature. his essays have always been the best, probably because he's a bookworm and got a rich vocabulary." seungkwan shrugged and felt wonwoo's glare on him the whole time. at that, mingyu's eyes sparkled as he turned around at wonwoo and clasped his hands together.

"will you please help me? i really don't wanna fail my literature class." he pouted and made his puppy eyes at wonwoo, thinking that it'd have some effect on him. although the others were almost one hundred percent sure that the puppy eyes never had effect on wonwoo- on the contrary, he thought they were pretty disgusting- those cute puppy eyes that the pale boy despised so much actually had a tiny effect on him.

just as he was about to say no, he looked at mingyu for a few seconds longer before sighing and closing his eyes. "what do i get if i do this? because if i'm not getting anything then i won't waste my time dealing with your dumbass."

mingyu hesitated for a little, before looking around and crouching down to meet wonwoo's heigh and whisper in his ear. "i'll tell you later when we'll be alone." he winked a little at him before turning around and continuing walking with the others. wonwoo stood frozen on his spot for a few seconds, stunned at the wink mingyu had just sent him.

"who the fuck does he think he is to wink at me like that." wonwoo murmured lowly as he rushed to catch up with the others, not wanting to stay behind in order to avoid any suspicion from his friends.   

time passed and they finally separated ways; with seungkwan and jeonghan going on their own way home and wonwoo being dragged by mingyu to god knows where. the pale boy noticed that mingyu liked to drag people to places instead of telling them where they were going.

"where are we going this time?" wonwoo muttered as he looked at mingyu who was looking excited about whatever reason. mingyu turned to him and shrugged, soon looking ahead. "you'll see."

soon after, they finally arrived at the mysterious place and wonwoo's eyes lit up. "a pet cafe?!" he smiled happily and mingyu looked at him with a big smile of his.

"uh, yes- i thought it'd pretty good to have a drink and chat with pets around, y'know." mingyu explained and saw as wonwoo huffed before grabbing his wrist. "then what are we still waiting here for."