FOURTEEN.

. . .

"psst."

wonwoo huffed annoyed as he continued to face forward and pay attention to the teacher. trying to pay attention, at least.

"psst, wonu." the annoying voice called his name again, causing him to grip his pencil tightly in frustration. they were in their history class, and the teacher was the strictest out of them all. if she saw someone who wasn't paying attention to whatever she was saying, they got detention on the spot.

honestly, no one cared enough to pay attention to some stupid things their ancestors did way before they were even born. the history class was all about talking and talking, something that made all students doze off, uninterested about whatever their teacher was saying. they couldn't help it; the history class was boring itself.

although wonwoo found history boring like everyone, he wanted to continue to be an excellent student- so he always fought the urge to sleep during that class and kept his eyes focused on the board. though, it seemed like a certain student had decided not to pay attention like the rest of the class and bother the only student who was actually listening to save his ass from detention. 

"psst, cat lover."

at that, wonwoo turned at mingyu with a notebook in his hand, ready to throw it at him, when the teacher's loud voice was heard.

"jeno wonwoo! kim mingyu! what are you both doing?" at that, wonwoo set the notebook down on his desk and threw mingyu one last glare, before facing the teacher. he saw how her eyes were squinted towards them both and stayed still in silence; meaning that both were about to get detention in just a few seconds.

"you two, detention after school." everyone gasped collectively at what she said. wonwoo, being one of the best students in school, had never gotten detention, no matter what happened. once the new student stepped inside the school, he had made wonwoo do so many things the others didn't expect.

once mingyu saw the dirty look that wonwoo threw at him, he knew he was in big trouble.

. . .

"what the hell were you thinking when you called me that?!"

"i didn't know it'd be such a big problem for you!"

"because of your dumbass we got detention now!"

"it's not such a big deal, why are you being so mad about it?!"

"because-"

"can y'all both shut the fuck up? i'm trying to eat in peace here." seungkwan glared at the both of them with his cheeks filled with food, making them shut up.

wonwoo huffed before looking at mingyu for the last time and sitting down on his seat and turning his back from the giant, crossing his arms with a little pout on his face. mingyu saw such action and scoffed while shaking his head. he sat down beside wonwoo and frowned.

"you're such a child, you know that?" he spat, yet wonwoo continued to face to the other side and not even spare mingyu a single glance. soon after, minghao and the rest arrived; wearing confused expressions once they saw wonwoo and mingyu with a frown on their faces.

"what happened?" jeonghan asked as he sat beside seungkwan, stealing a fry in the meantime. the other glared at him yet continued to answer. "just wonwoo being an angry baby and mingyu not knowing how to deal with that shit."