ELEVEN.

. . .

monday finally came which meant that everyone had to go back to their usual routine after two precious days of break. some wished their break would last longer, while some couldn't wait until they started their day. unlike any other day, wonwoo had woken up earlier than usual and hadn't been able to fall asleep again, so he was just cuddling in his blankets.

he had thirty minutes left until it was time for him to get ready, so he took his time to think about what was going on in his life. the fact that he finally had a cuddle buddy was truly overwhelming.

wonwoo sighed and looked up at the ceiling with a small smile playing in his lips. he brought his hands up to his face and sighed happily, remembering the welcoming and warm arms around his small frame. he wanted to feel his embrace again, but he didn't know when he'd have the chance to cuddle with mingyu again.

the boy frowned as he sat up on his bed and looked down at his blankets. maybe they had to set certain days to cuddle? maybe whenever they felt like it? maybe when they were free?

wonwoo didn't know; he had to discuss it with mingyu. the way he was talking right now made such a simple thing, such as cuddling, sound like a serious business- and wonwoo couldn't help but laugh at himself. whatever, the most important thing was that he had a cuddle buddy, and he had the chance to see him everyday at school.

. . .

mingyu walked inside the school building with tired eyes and messy hair. he wasn't able to get enough sleep as he had stayed until late at night to finish one essay he had to write, and it was really hard, considering that he had no experience in writing whatsoever and he didn't read that books often- resulting to him not knowing how to start the essay and continue the rest of it.

maybe if he had his newest cuddle buddy beside him in bed, he'd be able to get some sleep.

cuddle buddy.

that word made him smile as he fished his hands inside his pocket and looked down at the ground with a small smile. mingyu remembered clearly how that friday night, as they were swinging slowly on top of the swing, wonwoo's head suddenly rested on his shoulder while he was talking about a topic. it seemed that his gentle and hushed voice was some sort of lullaby to wonwoo and triggered his urge to sleep.

he remembered clearly how he tried to carry wonwoo to the bedroom carefully, trying not to wake him up- in fear of getting a slap from him in return. maybe it wouldn't happen if he did wake up, but it had a high probability.

"what's with that big smile in the morning, lover boy? you seem like those girls who have just gotten noticed by their crush." minghao giggled beside him, making mingyu flinch. the giant looked beside him and saw the latter eyeing him suspiciously with a cute smile.

"are people not even allowed to smile anymore? you're weird." mingyu scoffed and looked forward, seeing his locker just a few steps away. the skinny boy beside him just shrugged and looked up at mingyu, smiling once again.

"i don't know.. maybe you were thinking about a certain something that is making you smile?" he giggled and watched as mingyu swallowed nervously, yet continued on keeping a straight face- acting unbothered.

"maybe about our sleepover, maybe about that game of truth or dare, maybe about you and wonwoo disappearing to god knows where, or- maybe about that saturday morning?" mingyu stopped as he turned to minghao with a red flushed face. just as he was about to reply back, he saw a familiar mop of black hair walking with two people beside him, looking as annoyed as ever.

minghao noticed the lack of response and looked back just to see the one he was talking about. he just patted the taller's shoulder and headed to his own locker, leaving mingyu alone.

"-and soonyoung will be in the center dacing to baby shark. he proved that his dancing skills slap." joshua giggled as soonyoung slapped him on the shoulder, soon averting his eyes to mingyu standing in front of his locker. "yo, mingyu!"

at the mention of his name, wonwoo looked up and noticed mingyu standing there awkwardly. the taller looked at the pale boy and noticed as wonwoo fixed his glasses shyly and sent him a small smile, reminding him of those cute nerds around the school.

"the sleepover was fun as hell, right? you down for another one some other time?" soonyoung nudged him with his elbow and smirked, watching as mingyu nodded his head and laughed.

"sure, why not. one of the best sleepovers i've ever had." he smirked as he sent a knowing look to wonwoo. the boy seemed to catch it but it also reminded him of something, so he grabbed mingyu's hand and turned to the two.

"we'll come back soon." he smiled before turning around to leave with mingyu trailing behind him, leaving both joshua and soonyoung confused on the spot. wonwoo led them to the back of the school as he stood still to catch his breath before looking up and meeting with mingyu's confused gaze.

at that, his confidence vanished as he bit his lip and looked down, playing with his fingers. mingyu smiled at his cuteness and crouched down a little to match with wonwoo's height.

"hey, what's wrong?" he titled his head and watched as wonwoo looked at him for a split second before averting his eyes somewhere else. "i-i was thinking about our cuddling session- like, i'm kinda confused about which days— or which nights — we'll cuddle. maybe i'm overthinking and we'll just have to go with the flow but, we cannot really cuddle everyday, y'know?"

wonwoo unconsciously pouted at mingyu and the latter just shook his head with a smile. "that's up to you, wonwoo. i don't have a problem with it- i could literally cuddle you right now if you'd like. whenever you feel like it, just tell me or send a message. alright?"

wonwoo just nodded wordlessly and mingyu smiled widely before adding something else. "oh, and before we leave for classes, i was thinking if you'd like to um- i don't know, maybe hang out after school? in order to know each other better. i wanna know more about my new cuddle buddy."

the pale boy raised an eyebrow and sent mingyu a challenging look. "is this your way of asking people to go out on a date with you?"

mingyu widened his eyes as he shook his head frantically with a heavy shade of red around his cheeks. "n-no! it's just a friendly meetup! i swear." he finished with a pout and wonwoo just let out a little laugh, wanting to tease more the giant but his pout got him weak.

"alright, alright. i was just messing with you. sure, i guess. do i get cuddles if i do this?" wonwoo looked up and mingyu let out a tiny snort. "yeah, sure- anything for my cuddle buddy." he said as the latter smiled widely at him.

"great! it's set then. now let's go before we get late for class." wonwoo said before intertwining his hands with mingyu's once again, making mingyu smile at the fact that he did something that included skinship first- and as much as he tried not to show his wide smile, believe him, it was impossible. 

. . .