THREE.

. . .

"the new guy looked cool, don't you think so?" hansol said as he, jeonghan and wonwoo walked down the hall to their lockers. the blonde-haired guy, also known as jeonghan, nodded his head with a smile. "yep, that's what i thought too. he looked pretty fun to be with. what about you wonwoo? he was sitting with you the whole class."

wonwoo, who had been walking behind them and had been quiet, looked at them and shrugged. "very noisy and too bright." jeonghan chuckled as he ruffled his hair and draped his arm over his shoulder, making wonwoo slightly uncomfortable. "as expected."

they continued to walk towards their lockers, occasionally greeting random students who happened to be with them in their classes and talking to each other about different things. as they approached their lockers, they found their other friends gathered together laughing about something that seungkwan had done.

hansol chuckled as he approached the mood-maker of the group and hugged him. he and seungkwan were in a relationship since a few months ago and were really happy with each other. no one thought they'd end up together, as everything they did at first was only fight and argue over small things.

"y'all know that there's a new student?" jeonghan asked as he stood by seungcheol's side. he also was in a relationship with seungcheol since last year. they had their own ups and downs like every couple, but overall they were content and seemed happy with each other.

almost all of them were in a relationship with each other, having their own story of meeting each other and falling in love. wonwoo hadn't met his significant other yet, but he didn't really care about meeting his soulmate. he just wanted someone who would cuddle with him willingly, he didn't care if that person was his soulmate or not.

"i heard about it and i was curious to find out who was he or she. it seems like you met them already so, who is it?" soonyoung asked curiously as he rested his back on his own locker. the boy didn't really care about such stuff, he usually spent time with jihoon by teasing him or annoying him, though everyone knew he loved jihoon a lot and everything he did was affectionate, but since jihoon was home sick, he didn't have anything else to do but get interested on his surroundings.

"apparently his name is mingyu but he sat with wonwoo the whole class, so wonu knows better than us all." jeonghan smirked and as soon as he said that, everyone's eyes landed on the shy boy. wonwoo's cheeks started turning a light pink color as soon as everyone's attention was on him. he never liked being the center of attention, for good or for bad. he was always the invisible one, the outcast and the quiet one in every situation.

"uh, we didn't talk or anything so i don't know anything about him, really. what i know is that he's really loud and talkative and tried to talk to me the whole class, and because of that dumbass i wasn't paying much attention." wonwoo huffed annoyed and everyone laughed at him. "this is why i prefer sitting alone."

everyone laughed at him being grumpy or whining about things, they were all used to his moody behavior and found it quite adorable.

soon the bell rang and all of them had to go to their own classes. jun kept whining that his next classes weren't with his boyfriend, minghao, and kept clinging to his arm like a kid, not wanting to let go of him. junhui was really clingy to his boyfriend and loved him a lot, and even if minghao wasn't that affectionate with him in front of others, they all knew that he clinged to jun the most when others weren't present.

. . .

finally the bell rang, signalling that lunch time had started. mingyu got out of the classroom in a matter of seconds and rushed to the canteen excitedly. he wanted to make some friends, otherwise he'd be all lonely the whole year and he didn't like the idea of that a bit.

mingyu didn't want to admit it, but he was lowkey looking for a certain black-haired grumpy boy who happened to be his seatmate for that day. he didn't look that friendly and sociable, but that boy surely wasn't alone at this school, right? if he was, then mingyu would willingly want to be his first friend ever. the boy kinda interested him; he hadn't met such quiet and low-spoken person before, so he wanted to make him open up and show mingyu his other side that mingyu was pretty sure he had: the sweet and happy one.

he messily put the books in his locker and rushed to the canteen, tried to avoid bumping into people as much as he could. he wasn't sure that wonwoo would be sitting at the canteen, but it was worth a try. as soon as he entered, he was met with a sea of people that couldn't let you breathe. mingyu widened his eyes and tried to notice the tables hidden behind the countless of bodies- and thankfully after a few minutes, he was able to spot the tables that many students were sitting on.

mingyu squinted his eyes and looked through the crowd of people carefully, and once his eyes landed on a familiar-looking black-haired boy, his eyes lit up and he rushed towards the table wonwoo was sitting on. only when he approached him, he noticed how many people he was sitting with. wonwoo was sitting with ten fucking people, and there he thought that he didn't have friends.

wonwoo had more than he ever had had his whole life.

"um, hello?" mingyu was snapped out of his trance as he looked down and noticed several eyes on him, including wonwoo's. a certain guy with a mullet had spoken up and was waiting for his answer. mingyu blushed a deep shade of red and he started rubbing his neck in embarrassment.

"i- uh, sorry for coming up so abruptly. i- i'm a new student here so uh- i was thinking we could be friends? like, i recognized some of you since you were in my classes today- so yeah." he finished awkwardly and chuckled. the mullet guy looked at him with an unreadable expression on his face.

"what are you, a 5 year old kid asking for some friends?" minghao said and a boy beside him starting laughing. mingyu blushed even more and looked down, understanding how stupid he may have looked in front of them all. from the corner of his eyes he could see how wonwoo was looking at him in sympathy, probably understanding his embarrassment, but wasn't making any effort of helping him out.

"aw, don't be so harsh on him, hao. sure- uh, mingyu, right? you can sit with us." the boy beside the mullet guy smiled and mingyu instantly liked him. he seemed pretty friendly and fun to be with, exactly like his personality. he looked at each of them and saw that a free spot was only beside wonwoo, so he happily approached the latter and sat beside him.

wonwoo let out a low groan in annoyance, wondering why was that mingyu guy sitting beside him whenever he had the chance, while the other guys started chuckling. they probably were used to wonwoo's grumpy behavior, but mingyu surely wasn't.

yet he hoped he'd also get used to it soon.

"so, tell us about yourself, mingyu."

. . .

it's a little boring i know but fluffy scenes are coming up soon!!