NINETEEN.

. . .

mingyu had definitely not expected to find himself stuck in his room reading the book that wonwoo wasn't fond of for hours. the book was titled 'opposites attract', which definitely made sense, considering the book talked about how two individuals, who were the opposite, went through a lot before finally falling in love and getting together. 

if mingyu were to be honest, the book was quite accurate when it came to his and wonwoo's situation. it was about a girl and a boy, in which the girl was basically the same as wonwoo; cold and had a hard time to figure out her feelings, while the boy was as hopeless as mingyu. 

the tan-skinned male felt that he could relate a lot to the guy in the book, always trying to make the one he loved comfortable around him and get him to open up. while reading the book, he noticed how desperate he must look whenever he's trying to get wonwoo's attention and make him warm up to him. 

anyone would laugh at the guy's desperate attempts to make the girl fall in love with him in the book, but mingyu couldn't- they were in the same situation.

while reading the book, he also got to understand what that girl felt and thought most of the time- which probably were what wonwoo felt and thought too. he could see how insecure the girl was with her feelings and how she overthinked about everything, causing mingyu to feel more self-conscious about how gentle he should be with the boy, and not rush things.

in all honesty, mingyu had no idea whether wonwoo had the same feelings as him. maybe he did and he couldn't express them, maybe he did and he hid them- maybe he didn't and mingyu was just getting his hopes up. nonetheless, for mingyu it didn't matter.

if wonwoo did have feelings for him, then he'd try his best to make the boy agree for a date and hopefully ask him to be his boyfriend. but, if he didn't, then mingyu would try everything to make the boy fall for him. he couldn't give up, now that he had found such an amazing person as wonwoo.

as he continued to read the book in silence—with the dark enveloping him, as the only source of light was the small lamp turned on beside him on the nightstand—a sudden phone call was heard, breaking the pleasing silence around.

mingyu flinched and let an annoyed huff as he rolled around in bed to reach his phone. once he grabbed it, he accepted the call without looking at the caller id.

"whatever this is, it must be important as you ruined my peaceful time." mingyu grumbled and rested his head on the pillow. guess that being around wonwoo too much was a bad influence; you became as grumpy as him.

"woah, chill there," it was jeonghan, "anyway, i called you because we're having a sleepover tonight and you are coming." the boy said as mingyu furrowed his eyebrows confused.

"what? a sleepover? we never talked about having one this week, though." mingyu frowned once he realized that he had to leave his comfortable bed for a sleepover. "we did, though you seemed out of it when we were talking about a sleepover. either way, you're coming. get ready and come here at eight p.m."

"i don't wanna leave my bed tho~" mingyu whined and rolled around the bed like a child who didn't get his toy. silence was heard and mingyu was about to celebrate because he thought that jeonghan had given up, when his voice was heard again.

"wonwoo will be there too." mingyu's eyes widened and he soon shot up from bed, stumbling while doing so.

"alright, alright. i'm coming." he said and soon hung up. leaving the comfy bed was truly a disappointment— the taller already missed the warmth, though if the chance to meet wonwoo was given to mingyu, who was he to waste it?