EIGHT.

. . .

"watch out! a flying cake is coming!"

soonyoung's voice was heard as the doorbell rung. he didn't want whoever was behind that door to get a flying cake flat on his face; no one had thought of the consequences when they decided to throw the cake somewhere in an unknown destination.

it all started with jihoon and mingyu who were fighting related to the pillow fort they'd be doing for the rest of their night. seokmin had an idea of doing a big pillow fort where they'd fit and everyone seemed to agree so far, until mingyu had said one dumb thing and jihoon took it too far. the small boy ended up getting a cake that happened to be on the table and threw it towards the giant tan-skinned male.

though mingyu was fast enough to dodge it, the cake was still flying somewhere, so soonyoung wanted to make sure no one ended up getting a cake on their face. thankfully as the door opened, the cake ended up hitting the door, so you could say that whoever was behind that door was considered lucky.

"jesus christ! were you trying to kill me with that cake?!" jun squeaked as he hid behind minghao, while wonwoo appeared behind them looking as bored as ever. he probably had met both minghao and jun and had to walk with them, which also meant third-wheeling the whole time. he wasn't jealous of their relationship, really- he was truly happy that his friends were happy with each other, but couldn't they keep their hands to themselves while wonwoo was there with them?

"ah, wonwoo, help! jihoon's trying to kill me!" mingyu whined as he rushed towards the said boy and wrapped his arms around wonwoo, as if wonwoo would make an attempt of 'protecting' him from someone like jihoon.

him and jihoon nearly shared the same mood and brain cells most of the time, so he completely understood the short boy and was on his side almost all the time. both of them had to suffer among eleven brainless dudes, so they only had each other they could rely on.

"you said you'd be making this sleepover the best i've ever had, but i see your plan is already going downhill and it hasn't even been a full minute since i stepped in this house." wonwoo raised an eyebrow at mingyu and gestured towards the tight embrace he was wrapped in.

mingyu widened his eyes and backed away in a blink of an eye, soon laughing nervously. "i'm sorry! i promise i won't be touching you anymore! i got it, skinship isn't allowed. noted." mingyu raised his hands in surrender but before he was about to add something else, he was called by seokmin for help for their pillow fort.

once mingyu was out from his sight, wonwoo sighed and wrapped his arms around himself with a frown on his face. mingyu was wrong. skinship was allowed- very much allowed, but he didn't like the way mingyu hugged him in such a rushed way and so abruptly. he wanted it to be quiet and calm, where only their soft breaths and heartbeats could be heard, while they hugged each other tightly, gently, affectionately-

okay, wonwoo guessed he had to stop, otherwise he'd expose his hopeless romantic side. the idea was given, anyway.

"what's wrong? you already miss mingyu's arms around you that much that you're hugging yourself now?" minghao was heard behind him as he giggled quietly to himself, while wonwoo just flinched and gave him a death glare with his cheeks painted a cute rosy color.

the chinese just smirked at wonwoo and patted his arm. "a tip: don't play so hard to get any longer or you'll end up losing. talking from experience, by the way. i was lucky that jun was completely head over heels for me or he probably would've given up on me long time ago." he chuckled before approaching the others.