Songs (Twelfth Doctor)

Request for @GodTheAttackEyebrows

My first request :')

Hope You like it!

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

You sat in your room in the TARDIS, sighing as you once again couldn't get any sleep. You tried so hard but it just seemed impossible. You sigh and stand up, walking out of your room.

You decide not to bother the Doctor and just walk to the piano room, a soft smile on your face. The TARDIS has this room soundproof so the Doctor won't know that you play any instruments.

You have a few other instruments of yours in there and decide which you want to play tonight to help calm your nerves. Once you decided, you take your instrument and sit down on the bench in the room.

You let out a shaky breath and begin to play a song that calms you. You keep your eyes closed, listening to every note, focusing your mind on the song. You've played this so much that you don't need sheet music for it.

You focus so intensely on the emotions you convey in the music that you don't hear the footsteps of the Doctor walking to the instrument room. He smiles as he listens, but the smile slowly goes away as you continue.

You play the last note and pause for a second before opening your eyes. Once you do, you see the Doctor standing in the doorway, making you jump.

"How long have you been standing there?" You ask, your heart thumping in your chest. "How did you know I'm here?"

"I've been here for quite some time now. You didn't shut the door." The Doctor states, sitting down next to you. "Why play such a sad song?"

You place your instrument down gently and face him on the bench. "It's not. No song is sad, in reality. A song is only sad if you make it that way." You smile, playing with your fingers. "They say that a song you play reflects your mood. If you're sad, the song comes out sad. If you're happy, it's happy."

The Doctor looked a little lost in thought for a moment. "Are you sad?"

You smile a little. "I'm hopeful."

"Then why does it sound sad?" He asks.

"What's the difference? Hopeful is fancy talk for being sad but believing it could be better." You state. You yawn and rest your head on the Doctor's shoulder.

The Doctor smiles a little. After he asked you to be his girlfriend, he became more open about touching. He's still awkward sometimes though. "What are you hopeful for, love?"

"The future. I'm hoping it takes us to great places." You grin, pressing a kiss to his cheek, causing him to chuckle.

"I hope so too, darling." He kisses your forehead and stands, grabbing his guitar before sitting next to you again. You rest your head on his shoulder, smiling as you listen to him play a soft melody for you.

Your eyes slowly flutter shut, your lips parting a bit as you fall asleep. The Doctor smiles as he looks down at you and he picks you up gently, trying not to wake you.

"Goodnight, my angel." He whispered as he places you on the bed. He gets in the bed with you and holds you close.

"Mmm... night, Doctor." You mumble out, nuzzling your head in his chest.

That night you had the best dreams you've ever had in your life.

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

Ahh I'm sorry it's kinda short. I'm starting college in two days and I'm really unprepared for life right now. I hope y'all enjoyed this bit of fluff :)