Chapter 18: New Nightmare

Veronica Sawyer's POV

I woke up to JD in our room again, he gave Heather the cup and she drank it. He didn't leave till she was dead and this time he took me with him. He made us go place together, doing things couples would. Mini golf, the movies, dinner then he gave me the same cup I didn't drink it so he shot me.

I woke up sweating and shaking next to Chandler. I sat up and that's when I felt the tears starting to run down my face. I looked over at Heather and noticed she was still awake, she was never up when things like this happened.

"Ronnie?" She put her hand on my face and directed my eyes to hers. She sat up and pulled me into a hug. She let go and grabbed my shoulders. "Veronica?" She paused for a moment, "What's really going on?" I knew I had to tell her now, but I didn't want her to have to deal with the awful things that happen in my head.

"T-this time he killed us H-H-Heather..." Before I could say anything else I was embraced in another hug. "A-a-and in the m-mirror." I could get the rest out.

"What about the mirror?" She got up and grabbed my hand, I got up too and she walked me to the bathroom. "What's wrong with the mirror?" I was hoping it would go away, but it still hadn't, because there she was in that silky red robe with drain cleaner dripping out of her mouth. She looked at me and then wiped away one of my tears. "Ronnie, you can tell me."

"I k-know that, b-but I don't know if I want to drag you into this. Cause if I t-t-tell you then you're going to feel bad, and I don't want you to feel bad because of me-" I was cut off by a short kiss. Then we walked back over to her bed and sat down.

"Just tell me."

"Every time I look in the mirror I don't see myself..." I paused for a second. "I see you with that stupid drain cleaner dripping out of your mouth, and mascara running down your cheeks, and that cute silky robe you were wearing, and your warm grey eyes, and soft blonde curls, a-and your rosy cheeks, and your cute freckles-" Before I could say anything else I was cut off my another kiss. When she pulled away we just sat there for a couple seconds, I looked at her face and I knew I shouldn't have told her. "S-see and n-now y-y-you feel b-bad."

"Well of course I feel bad, it's my fault that you see me in the mirror."

"No it's not."

"Then who's fault is it?"

"Mine."

"How is it your fault?" I saw a tear run down her cheek.

"Well it's my brain that makes this stuff up."

"Ronnie, you can't possibly think this is actually your fault."

"Well then blame JD! Just stop blaming yourself." The tears were now gushing out of my eyes, I hate crying but it seems like it's all I do now.

She embraced me into another hug. "I wish you would've told me about this earlier." I didn't answer, I just sat there shaking in her arms.