Chapter 51: Thunder

Heather Chandler's Pov

I woke up with Veronica still in my lap. She was violently shaking and I could tell she was trying to keep her crying quiet. There was a flash of white light outside, "Ronnie, what's wrong?"

Her eyes met mine, "N-Nothing it's st-stupid."

"You can tell me Veronica."

There was a loud boom and I felt her jump, "Are you afraid of thunder storms?" She almost looked ashamed before she nodded. She turned her head the other way and let out a couple coughs before looking back at me.

Again there was white light and then a louder boom a couple seconds later, she moved closer to me and hid her face in the crook of my neck. "Shhh it's ok hun." She quietly sobbed while I tried my best to comfort her, "You're gonna be ok, I promise." I covered her with a couple blankets and then pulled her closer to me, "Can you tell me why you're afraid of them?" I asked softly.

"T-They're loud and they're s-scary, please don't m-make fun of me."

"Ronnie, I would never make fun of you."

Another flash and a boom which made her jump and it sounded like she was crying harder.

"It s-seemed like you were in on that joke earlier."

"No, I wasn't making fun of you I was just trying to show my sister her place."

Again a flash and then a boom, I felt Veronica nuzzle closer to my neck.

"Veronica you know they're really not that great?" She looked up at me, "They really just make my back hurt, I would probably give almost anything to have your boobs."

She rolled her eyes then there was a flash of light and a boom, she nuzzled her head into my chest. I gave her a light kiss on top of her head before I starting to run my fingers through her soft hair.

Her eyes met mine, she was calm now. "Ronnie it's like 1 a.m. you should try to sleep cause you are still ya know sick." She nodded and then put her head back on my chest.

I could hear her quite snores over the sound of rain hitting the roof.

I quietly started to sing,

"Wise men say only fools rush in,
But I can't help falling in love with you,
Oh, shall I stay, would it be a sin,
Oh, if I can't falling in love with you?"

I felt her start to squirm around so I gently started to rub her back.

"Like a river flows, surely to the sea,
Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be."

She looked so peaceful.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too,
Oh, I can't help falling in love with you,
Oh, like a river flows, surely to the sea,
Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be."

I felt her cling tighter to me.

"Oh, take my hand, take my whole life too,
For I can't help falling in love with you,
Oh, I can't help falling in love with you."

"I love you Heather Chandler." She looked up at me and pulled my head down so she could give me a kiss on the cheek.

I felt myself start to blush, "I didn't think you were awake."

"I didn't know your singing was so beautiful."
I felt my face heat up more, "Can you sing more, for me?"

"Tomorrow Ronnie you need to go back to sleep." There was a loud boom and I felt her jump.

"N-No I don't, I'm not tired." She whined.

"Come on just try."

She laid her head back on my chest and I started to run my fingers through her hair. Eventually I could hear her quite snores again.