Chapter 37: Happy

Heather Chandler's POV

Veronica had been in the bathroom for a long time, something had to be wrong. I didn't even ask I just got up and left. I walked into the bathroom to just see Veronica sitting there with pills all over the floor. I grabbed her hand, "Hey let's go home." I saw her nod and then we walked out of the school together. We got into my car and drove home. I parked and got out of the car but Veronica didn't follow. I walked over to her car door and opened it. I unbuckled her seat belt and grabbed her hand but she still didn't get up. "Veronica?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I put my hand on her cheek, "Hey, honey please don't cry." The second I said this she started to cry harder. Careful I picked her up and took her into the house and then laid her on the couch. I saw her curl up into a ball. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a wet washcloth, a box of tissues, a bottle of water, and a blanket. I walked back in the living room and sat down next to her. The second I sat down I felt her cling to me like she was scared of something. I covered her up with the blanket and started to wipe the make up off her face with the wash cloth. "Ronnie, what's going on?"

By now she had calmed down some but when I asked that question it seemed to all come back to her. "I c-c-can't take i-it anymore." I heard her cry out.

I wrapped my arms around her, "What can't you take anymore?"

"E-EVERYTHING!" I flinched at her scream, "I-I'm s-s-sorry." I pulled her into a hug. I heard her start to mumble something about taking away the pain but I couldn't hear the rest. "I want it to end." I heard her whisper.

"But Ronnie, I-" she cut me off.

"I know you love me, and I love you too but everything is too much." She mumbled something under her breath again.

"What did you say?"

"I don't get why you still love me, you could do so much better than me. And I'm so broken."

"How many times do I have to say it, I love you more than anything else in the entire world." After I said this she went quite and just clung on to me.

"I wanna be happy again but I don't know how."

"Ok, I'll help you!" she nodded and within the next 10 seconds she was asleep on my shoulder.