Chapter 72: Cheerios

Veronica Sawyer's Pov

We had watched a couple more movies, Halloween 2, The Breakfast Club, and Beetlejuice. Heather was laying under me sleeping. I knew I probably should have just let her sleep but she still needed to eat dinner. I gently shook her, "Chan? Wake up." I shook her a little bit more, "Chaaaaan." I whined out.

"Hmm?"

"You need to eat dinner."

She opened her eyes, "What time is it?"

"7:30, you need to eat before to go back to sleep."

"Ok." I could tell she was still half asleep.

"Is cereal ok?"

"Yeah."

"What kind?"

"Just plain Cheerios."

After getting up I placed a kiss on her forehead, "I'll be back."

I got two bowls of cereal and two spoons then went back to the living room. I handed her a bowl and then sat down next to her, "Are you feeling ok?"

She let out a yawn, "Yeah, I'm just tired."

"Well at least we don't have school tomorrow."

"I actually had something planned for tomorrow but it you just wanna skip i-"

I cut her off, "No I wanna go."

She smiled widely, "Ok."

"So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise but we have to leave by 8 a.m."

"Well if you keep falling asleep you're gonna be up at like 3 a.m. hun."

She cuddled into my side, "I know, I'm just so tired Ronnie."

I set my bowl down on the coffee table and wrapped my arm around her, "I know you are."

"I bet I could sleep until 8 a.m."

I nodded, "Are you done eating?"

"Yeah." I took her bowl, set it on the table and then picked her up, "You're so strong."

"Yeah yeah whatever." I carried her up into her bathroom, "Brush your teeth ok?"

"Ronnie I'm not 2 years old."

I walked back downstairs and took care of the two bowls. When I went back upstairs I found Heather already asleep in her bed. I flipped the light switch off and then went back downstairs.

I turned on the TV and watched Full House until 11:30. I was gonna go to bed when the phone rang.

I picked it up, "Hello?"

"Veronica?"

"JD?"

"Good Job!"

I let out a shaky breath, "What do you want?" He didn't answer, "I swear to god if you don't answer I'm gonna hang up Jason."

"You definitely don't want to do that."

"Why?"

"Cause I'm outside."

I opened the curtains and saw him on his motorcycle, parked in front of the house,
"Wh-What do you want?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to tell my favorite girl congrats on graduating. Your speech was brilliant, hun."

I felt a shiver go down my spin when he called me hun, "What do you mean my speech was brilliant?"

"I was there sweetheart." I didn't even realize I was crying until I let out a sob, "Well you should go to bed, it's getting late." I didn't respond, "I'll call you soon, bye." Then he hung up.

I tried to whip my tears off my face before getting up and going to Heather's room. I looked out her window and he was still there, "Ronnie what are you still doing up?" You could tell by her voice she had just woke up, I heard her get up and walk over to me and then she wrapped her arms around my waist. The second JD saw Heather he sped off, "Are you ok?"

I turned around and placed a kiss on her lips, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Well let's go to bed then, hmm?"

"Yeah, we probably should."