Chapter 48: Otter Pops

Heather Chandler's Pov

Once Veronica was asleep I got up and walked over to my closet. I threw on a hoodie and a pair of leggings before going downstairs.

"Where's Veronica?" My mom asked.

"She's sick so she is upstairs sleeping and I'm gonna go to the store real quick."

"Does she need to go to the doctor."

"I don't know, she has a fever."

"Of what."

"Like 102."

"Ok well take it again later and if it gets any higher then tell me and I'll make her a doctors appointment." I gave her a thumbs up before going out to my car and driving to the Snappy Snack Shack.

I grabbed myself a bag of Corn Nuts and then went to get something for Veronica.

I grabbed a couple bottles of water, a bottle of orange juice, and a pack of 27 otter pops. I paid for everything and then went home. I walked upstairs and went into the kitchen. I put the orange juice and water in the fridge and the otter pops in the freezer. I left my corn nuts on the counter before going back into my room.

I got one of my silky robes out of my closet and then went to take a shower. When I was done I walked out of the bathroom and went over to the bed. I sat down next to her. "You're up." I said with a smile.

"Yeah." She answered quietly.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"No." She sounded so congested, "Could you get me another blanket?"

I nodded and went into my closet. I could hear her coughing and I could tell she was trying her best to be quiet. I walked back in with a couple different blankets, "Which one?" She pointed to the heaviest one and I draped it over her. I put my hand on her forehead, "Ronnie you're sweating are you sure you don't wanna to take one of them off?"

"No it's so cold Acho! in here." I went in the bathroom and grabbed the thermometer, "No I did that like an hour or two ago."

I stuck it in her mouth, "My mom wants to make sure your temperatures not getting higher." I took it out when it beeped and got up to show my mom.

"What is it?" Veronica asked.

"Ummm 102.9." I said before walking downstairs.

I showed her, "Ok I'm gonna make her a doctors appointment."

I nodded and then went back upstairs. Veronica had thrown all the blankets off, "Are you hot?" She nodded, "Do you want an otter pop." She smiled and then nodded again, "What flavor?"

"Blue." I went and got two blue popsicles and then came and sat down next to her. She climbed into my lap and I handed them to her, "C-can you open them?" I nodded and the tore the plastic off the top of one of them and handed it to her. She nuzzled her head into my chest while she ate.

My mom came in, "I made it for 11:30. If you want I can take you." I nodded.

It was 10:00 right now so we had some time, "Where are we going?"

"The doctors office."

"Oh."

"Please don't be mad, I'm just worried."

She moved in closer to me and feel asleep within a mater of seconds.

I woke her up at 10:45, "Come on, lets go get dressed." She shook her head so I picked her up and walked her into the closet. I gave her a hoodie and some leggings and I wore a hoodie and a pair of jeans. Veronica walked out of the closet and grabbed a blanket to wrap around herself. I walked over to her and picked her up then we went down stairs, "We're ready mom."

"Ok, you two can go sit in the car if you want."

"Ok." I walked out into the garage and open the door to the backseat. I gently set Veronica down before I closed the door and got in on the other side. The second I sat down Veronica laid down so that her head was in my lap. She fell back asleep and eventually my mom came out to the car.

We drove to the doctors office and then I carried Veronica in, this was gonna be a very unpleasant visit.