Chapter 30: Prom

Veronica Sawyer's POV

"You know we have to tell my mom?" She said.

"No Heather, please no." I had just calmed down and I was already panicking again.

She got closer to me and wrapped and arm around me, "Shhhh, it's ok, we can wait." She paused, "Have you ate anything today?"

"N-no"

She went to place her hand on my stomach but she stopped herself. I grabbed her hand and put it on my stomach, "You really should eat something, even if it's small."

I shook my head, "I'm really not hungry Heather."

"Please, just something small." She was begging, I have never seen her do this.

"I g-guess." She smiled and then grabbed my hand. We walked over to the kitchen right next door.

"We have Pringle's, stuff to make sandwiches, Popcorn," I walked over and grabbed a personal serving sized can of Pringle's and then walked back to Heather's room. She followed me in with a bottle of water, she handed it to me and then gave me a kiss on the head. I ate a couple of chips but then threw up again. I sat on the cold bathroom floor with Heather beside me. I had the taste of vomit in the back of my throat and cold tears were running down my face.

Skip to two months later

Prom! It's tonight, I'm at Mac's house getting ready right now. I wanted Heather to be surprised when she saw me, and honestly I really need her help doing my hair. She straightened it and now she was putting it in lose curls she then took a strand from each side of my head and pinned it together in the back. It had been the longest time since I had seen my hair tamed. She started doing my makeup, gold eyeshadow, mascara, and then a light red lip stick. "Ok, I think I'm done." The two of us had gotten a lot closer over the last couple months, while Chandler's great and I love her sometimes I just need to talk to someone who's not gonna baby me.

"You should really go get ready." She glared at me and then went to go put her dress on. I walked over to the mirror in the room and looked at myself. I was wearing a dark blue dress that had the smallest sparkle to it. It was short, but I knew Heather would like it. I was also wearing a pair of black flats because I can barely stand in heels let alone walk. I turn sideways I looked back into the mirror. I put my hands on my stomach, you could now see the smallest bump where it was once completely flat.

Mac came up behind me, "Quit worrying, you look great."

"But what if she doesn't think so?" Heather hadn't seen my dress yet so it was gonna be a total surprise to her.

"Veronica..."

"I know, I know, I'm just being paranoid." That's when we heard the doorbell ring.

Mac patted me on the back, "I think that's for you." I walked into the living room and opened the door, she was stunning. She just stared at me with her mouth wide open for the longest time.

"You look great." She told me with a smile.

"So do you."

"Are you ready?" I nodded, she grabbed my hand and walked me out to her car.

She almost drove the speed limit. We got out of the car and walked in. The gym was loud and crowded and I think Heather noticed how uncomfortable I was because we left and went to the cafeteria. She grabbed two cokes and then payed for them. She handed me one and we went and sat down. "Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I saw her start to get up, "I'll be right back." She sat back down, I walked to the bathroom. When I was done I looked into the toilet, there was blood and a lot of it. Maybe my eyes were just seeing things, it wouldn't be the first time. I felt a single tear run down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away, washed my hands and then went back to the cafeteria.

I walked over to Heather, "Are you ok? You look really pale."

I sat down, "Heather, I'm always pale."

"Not this pale..."

"Quit worrying, I'm fine." I said with a smile.

"Ok, well do you wanna go dance." I nodded, we walked into the gym and I slow song was playing. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I placed mine on her shoulders. We slowly swayed back and forth, "I love you." She whispered in my ear.

"I love you too."

I heard someone loudly laughing behind us and when I turned around to see who it was I notice more people were giving us dirty looks then normal. I felt a tear slip out of my eye and my breath was speeding up. I felt Heather's hand on my chin and she redirected my eyes to hers. "Hey don't pay attention to them." Then she gave me a kiss on top of my head. I tried to think about something else but I couldn't, there were now tears streaming down my face. Heather grabbed my hand and walked me to the bathroom. She set me on the counter and grabbed a paper towel. She started to wipe the tears off my face, this was comforting but I was starting to feel light headed. When she was done I tried to stand up but ended up in the floor, I looked around as the whole room was spinning. "Hey are you ok." Heather asked but it sounded distorted. She picked me up and put my arm over her shoulder, we walked out the door and to the car. Heather gently laid me in the back seat and then she got in the passenger seat. She pulled out of the parking lot and onto the interstate.

"W-where are we going?"

"The hospital." She paused for a second, "Your really not gonna put up a fight with that?" She said the next part in a quite voice but I could still hear her, "Something must really be wrong."

Before I knew it we had pulled into a parking lot. Heather helped me out of the car, and then helped me walk into the building. She sat me down and then walked up to a counter to talk to a woman.

She came back over and sat down next to me. It took a second for me to realize where we were. I felt tears starting to pour out of my eyes again. Heather grabbed my hand and then I heard it, "Veronica Sawyer? We're ready for you."