7 - Hate Can Turn to Love

Jungkook walked along with Seokjin and Beomgyu to their training room. Seokjin said that he should be grateful that today was Soobin's turn to train them. Beomgyu said that Yeonjun was much more of a pain in the ass.

They stopped in front of a door and it opened up by itself, revealing a huge hall with a tall figure in the middle. That would be Soobin. He smiled upon seeing the three and rushed over to hug them.

"Kyaaa! My babies!!" He cooed. They laughed at the vampire's behaviour and pushed him away, teasing him. Jungkook quickly asked him if he was okay and the other two told him that he was fine and it was just a way of joking.

"Okay so Jungkook, let's start by choosing a weapon that suits you. You need a weapon you're most familiar with so that you'll be good in attacking but you'll also learn to use the other weapons as an additional knowledge."

And so Jungkook looked at the variety of weapons in the hall and was trembling as he remembered that his mother told him to not play with sharp items or he would get cut. He looked back to Soobin and the other two was giving him a thumbs up.

"I.. don't think I'm supposed to play with these.. weapons." He nervously said to Soobin. The vampire then looked at Seokjin and the cat immediately knew what he had to do.

"I know this is, weird for you to go through but trust me, you're not playing with it. It's a form of defense and it's a good thing to defend yourself against whatever creature that might kill you. You saw those chupacabras yourself last night. It's not a bad thing to protect yourself against any possible harm."

Jungkook looked down and thought for a while. Seokjin was right. If he doesn't learn to protect himself, others will have to sacrifice themselves for him. Although it seems dangerous to use these weapons, but he needed to learn to use them. It's scary, but it's what he needs. If Seokjin and Beomgyu can do it, why can't he?

Jungkook let out a sigh.

"I'll... choose this one." He pointed at a weapon and all of them was confused. He had chosen, a combat knife, the most vulnerable weapon to use against the dark creatures. "It's the only thing I think I can manage!" He whined.

They all thought that he was cute and tried to contain his laughter. Yoongi who was watching from the ceiling also stifled a laugh seeing the little bunny. He was really the most adorable one.

"Cutie. Even the cat chose an axe for the first time. He really is amusing."

-

"Aah!" Jungkook yelled as he dodged Seokjin's attack. He didn't last long after, Beomgyu immediately tackled him and pointed his sword at him. Jungkook had lost. Again.

"This is the third time you've lost again today Jungkook. And it's been 3 days since I taught you to dodge and run." Yeonjun sighed. Soobin didn't say anything but Jungkook saw him mouthing, asking if he was okay. Jungkook responded with a smile and a small nod.

"You need to be faster."

"I. Am. Trying! You let them just get to me and not letting me rest even one single second!" Jungkook complained.

"Do you think those dark creatures out of this castle cares about that?! They'll eat you whenever they get the chance and you don't want that to happen. Neither do I."

Jungkook looked down and realized that. Truth hurts. But nothing changes the fact that it's the truth. Seokjin and Beomgyu who were at the back let out a sigh seeing Jungkook like that. Poor bunny.

"That's enough dodging practice for the moment. Are you strong enough to use the hammer now?" Yeonjun asked, turning his gaze from Jungkook to Soobin simultaneously. Jungkook had chosen a hammer since he didn't want the other sharp weapons. He was also asked to use the bow and arrows since his hearing and eyesight was a bonus.

"Well, he's not really good at smashing things yet but he can carry it." Soobin stated with a small smile. Yeonjun pinched the bridge of his nose as he sighed for the god knows how many times.

"And what? Carrying it can kill the dark creatures is that it?"

Jungkook almost started crying when he gets embarrassed in front of Yeonjun. Yeonjun's being hard on him is a good thing, but he's being far too hard and that's a bad thing. He doesn't even know what Jungkook had gone through. He missed his old life where he can happily go outside to play and pick berries; where he can smile without caring about any form of danger; where his mother was still there to sing him his lullaby.

"I hate this place."

"Well so did they." Yeonjun replied. The now crying Jungkook looked up and stared at Yeonjun in disbelief. Yeonjun nodded, telling him that it's true.

"Seokjin ran here because he was teased for his ears. It was brown mixed with black but he hated here more after knowing he had to face me everyday. Look at him now."

Seokjin smiled upon hearing Yeonjun's saying about him and blushed when he heard that Yeonjun knew about his hatred towards him before. But the hate is now gone.

"Beomgyu lost his father, causing him to be alone. No friends, no parents, no money. He thought it was better to die here where no one could find him. Until Master Min found him sleeping in a cave. He was scared out of his shit. He hated this place."

Beomgyu immediately nodded, not even denying Yeonjun's words.

"His point is, we all know how you feel. Baby Min told us about your mother. And we're really sorry. But we can guess that Beomgyu is closer to you since you two lost someone dear to you and got yourself into this mess." Seokjin comforted him.

"Yeah. Whenever you miss her, you can tell me. And I guess, hate, doesn't last very long. And hate can turn into something so opposite, you know? You get to hate, then learn to adapt and like it and you'll find yourself loving this life in no time."

Jungkook smiled at both of his friends and the two vampire brothers. He never thought about the other two's first time here. They probably had to deal with the same pain he's in right this moment. Seokjin was the one who had to handle the stress all by himself until Beomgyu came. That must've been hell for him.

But here he is, not being grateful that he has two friends to help him get through everything together, a vampire that is all smiley and cotton candy and a vampire prince that was far from what the creatures in the Magical Forest had assumed - evil.

"I'll grow strong." He said, with enthusiasm in his voice. "I'll train every day, every hour, if that's what it takes to make me be able to wield this hammer and smash some creature's head."

They all clapped their hands with sparkles in their eyes, proud of what Jungkook had said. Soobin was the most overreacting one. He even shed a tear.

"That was beautiful."

"I'm looking forward to the day you smash a werewolf's fucking head." Yeonjun commented.

"You need to learn some swear words too. You know, to please Yoongles heart." Beomgyu suggested. They agreed and Yeonjun asked him to start with one simple word.

"FUCK."

"F-"

"It's not that hard, it's just one syllable. FUCK."

"Fu-Fuc-" Jungkook gulped. "I'm scared."

Yeonjun took out a frying pan out of nowhere and clonked himself in the face. Multiple times.

"He has such a fucking pure heart."

"That'll change in a few months. Probably weeks."