12 - Secrets

"Soobin!"

Seokjin popped his head into the vampire's room to see if he was there. Unfortunately for him, he could only find the brother in the room.

"Soobin's not here." He answered with the usual annoyed tone. "What do you want from him?"

"Oh. I, just, finished a book he had recommended for me. I wanted to know if he had more. I really enjoy all the books he recommended." Seokjin responded with a sweet smile. His tail wagged according to his feelings and seeing that it was wagging in a much faster pace than his usual pace, Seokjin really is happy.

"Ah. He did told me to give you this one book before he left." Yeonjun grabbed a book from Soobin's desk and handed it over to Seokjin, who happily accepted it. "Since when did you two exchange books?"

"Huh? Oh, a month ago I guess. I saw him reading something and he read it out loud to me. I liked the story very much so he decided to find me a book to read and from then it just started being a routine."

"Sheesh. You like these human stories as well? They're a bit too stupid for me to read." Yeonjun criticised.

"They're not stupid! They're beautiful, and very meaningful."

"Oh yeah? Like what? Cause I don't find finding a maiden using the glass slipper she lost at your ball meaningful."

"I'd have to admit that Cinderella was a bit stupid. But there's also the Little Duckling, Red Riding Hood, the Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. One of my favourite would be the Little Mermaid and Romeo and Juliet." Seokjin explained with a dreamy look on his face. Yeonjun swore he could see sparkles in the cat boy's eyes.

"I've heard those before. I find it disturbing. The main character died. Why'd you like those stories?"

"Unlike you, Yeonjun, I don't just hate a book because of the sad ending. The little mermaid saved the life of a prince even though she was warned to not go near a human. Despite the warning, she saved him because she had heart and knew that it was the right thing to do. The prince didn't know it was her, which makes the story sad but her love for him was so genuine that you can feel it deep in your heart. She was given a choice to live with a condition that she must kill the prince or she could jump into the water and turn to bubbles — commit suicide. She sacrificed herself, for him. And I think that's very noble of her."

Yeonjun felt a tug on his heartstrings when he heard Seokjin's words. It reminded him so much of his past...

He needed to hear more.

"... and... Romeo and Juliet?"

"The two of the same kind, whose families were rivals. They fell in love and that's, something that wasn't supposed to happen. They hid the secret so well, but it's sad that they failed. It breaks my heart even more when Juliet died. I started to think that maybe Soobin was giving me a bad book. But I thought about it for long."

"The reason I liked the story, is because it is similar to my situation."

Yeonjun stared into Seokjin's eyes. He was currently hugging the book he had given him earlier close to his chest and looking down. Yeonjun had a feeling that Seokjin was talking about his feelings. His real feelings, and he had a clue about who he had feelings for.

"It's like... I'm Juliet, and Baby Min is my Romeo. He saved me, picked me up when everyone else tried to bring me down to my knees. He's always there for me and I feel safe around him. But Magical Creatures and Dark Creatures are enemies. And he hid about me, about all three of us, so that we wouldn't get caught. If... the story really is connected to my life somehow... I think that one day..."

"I would never allow that to happen." A voice came from behind Seokjin, cutting off his words. Seokjin slowly turned around to find the tall vampire behind him.

"I—" he hesitated. "Master Min would never... let you die."

Seokjin didn't blink once, looking into Soobin's beautiful red eyes turning brown. They locked eyes for long, one showing how determined he is in his words and the other wondering if the words were true. Slowly, a smile crept up on Seokjin's face.

"Yeah. He'd always protect us. Like you two always did." He miled, showing his beautiful cat teeth and fangs. "Thank you for the book Soobin! I'll definitely have fun reading it like the other books you've recommended to me."

With that said, Seokjin left the two vampires and headed towards his room. Soobin kept a close eye on him as his figure disappeared into a corner.

"Damn it. I almost exposed myself."

"You need to be careful with your words little brother. He might be on to you if he gets any suspicion. And I suggest that you stop dreaming of him." Yeonjun said as he lied on his brother's bed. Soobin pushed him off his bed with his strong right leg and Yeonjun fell off.

"Oh shut up! So what if I have feelings for him? I don't care if he doesn't like me back." Soobin lied through his teeth, crossing his arms and hiding his red face.

"Yeah? What if I told you little kitty have feelings for Master Min?"

Soobin's eyes grew wide as soon as he heard those words come out from his brother's mouth. He looked at Yeonjun with wide eyes, his calm brown eyes turning red. He then realized that Seokjin wasn't his for him to feel rage. He blinked fast and reduced the anger.

"I-I need a potion. The one that changes you to someone else. It'd be easier if I get the someone's abilities as well." Soobin asked, changing the topic.

"Huh? You mean Tukar Juice? Sure, I happen to have some back at my room. Come on." He said, going to his room. "Why'd you need it for?"

"A trap."