11 - Trusts

Jungkook woke up in a bed unfamiliar to his. His eyes twitched as he remembered the night before when he had asked Yoongi if he could sleep with him. It was so stupid and awkward how did he even get to courage to ask him that? What master sleeps with his pet? He even remembered that they were in his bed but how'd he end up here?

The bed is awfully nice though. He smiled as he remembers how Yoongi had held him dearly in his arms. He could somehow feel warmth from the cold body of his. He felt safe with his Min Min and his scent was extremely exquisite. He sheepishly smiled as he remembered the night he felt safe sleeping with someone who isn't his mother.

Don't get him wrong, he misses his mother and it was only his mother who had made him feel that way. Warm, safe and secured. But something about his Min Min made him feel the same way. He may be a vicious vampire but he really is a sweetheart. His skin may be cold but he still emits warmth to others when hugging somehow. He may be dead but he was the most liveliest creature Jungkook has ever known.

"Ah so you've woken up. About time you did. Your carrot cake seems bored waiting to be eaten." Yeonjun said as he stared at something he found amusing. Jungkook jumped-up in shock as he heard Yeonjun's voice so suddenly. Jungkook's first question to Yeonjun was amusing as well.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jungkook eyed him with curiosity while Yeonjun laughed. He then calmly told the bunny hybrid that he was just doing his job, sending him his breakfast and protecting him while he sleeps. All because Yoongi told him to.

"Min Min told you to? Also, where is he? He woke up earlier than me." Before you get confused, there are no day and night in the Dark Forest as they have no sun and no moon. They sleep for 4 to 6 hours at any time of the day and that was more than enough for them to gather their energy.

"He's having a talk with the Witches of the East. Some bad news came in."

Jungkook stayed in bed, reaching for the carrot cake Yeonjun had placed on the nightstand near the bed. He then frowned and asked what bad news was it but Yeonjun himself didn't know.

They just hoped that it wasn't too bad.

-

"What?!" Yoongi's voice raised when he had received the sudden news from the Witches of the East. There were four of them who lived together and watched over the East side of the Dark Forest. Each part of the forest was watched over by different creatures.

The east was given to the witches, the west was given to the gargoyles, the south was given to the shapeshifters and the north was given to the werewolves. But Yoongi, a vampire that is more than 300 years old, rules over them all. The whole Dark Forest, was his to claim.

"Care to explain how three Magical Creatures managed to enter this forest without you not even catching them?" Yoongi questioned. He was obviously furious about this and none of the witches dared to say a word because one wrong word, costs a lot of reviving potions. Trust me, those potions are the hardest to brew.

Reviving potions needs the fruit from the Verrater Tree and that's hard to get as it grows in the Magical Forest. But that's not a problem now. The problem now is how to calm the vampire prince down.

"Yoongi, it is entirely my fault to not have watched over the gates with full attention. We were just trying to make a barrier potion." Solar took the blame on herself. Upon hearing that, the others felt guilty and admitted their fault as well. It was their leader's first brave action that triggered this to happen and Yoongi sighed.

"Catch them. Send them back."

"What if one of them is a hybrid? Would you want to keep it?" Moonbyul asked. Yoongi turned around to face her and he was quiet while making his usual emotionless face. She got scared that he was going to hit her but he was just thinking.

"If it's a cat, dog or rabbit no. If not yes."

The witches let out a sigh of relief before leaving the room. They then flew off on their broom and started their search. Meanwhile, Yoongi stayed in the room and called for someone.

"Hey Master Min. What did you need?"

"I think you should follow those witches. I don't trust them now." Yoongi ordered with no feeling of guilt. Soobin furrowed his brows.

"But you've been friends with Solar for so long. She's one of the few creatures you trust. Why the sudden un-trust?"

"She has never failed me. Why the sudden fail?" Yoongi attacked Soobin with another question. He glanced at the boy and saw him nod. "To strengthen my point, she's a witch. And the creatures that came into my forest, has a young wizard. She would most definitely, help him."

"I don't know why you believe that, but okay. When do I report back?"

"When you found out that she betrayed me."

-

"Are you sure he won't find out?" Namjoon asked as he chugged his drink. "Because I'm not certain that I can trust a witch, no offense noona."

"Say what you wanna say, I'll always help my fellow witches and wizards. Plus, you're here to find your friend. That's a good reason. I'd help, but I can't do much. All I can tell you is that he keeps his pets on the 4th floor of the east wing of his castle. The door with a red diamond."

"Pets?"

"Yoongi, the vampire prince, takes hybrids who are lost in our woods and keeps them as pets. He adores them but to me, personally, this will just cause him trouble. If he gets attached to those hybrids, he'll have a weakness and the hybrids can be abducted by the rebels as an advantage. He may be all powerful, but he's not the Yellow Fairy."

"No way. You guys believe in the Yellow Fairy legend too?" Taehyung asked, amused. They had learned many myths and legends and the Yellow Fairy is one of them.

The Yellow Fairy is the creature that started this whole universe. The fairy was alone and decided to make friends and so he created humans, the first species to ever exist. But the humans had flaws despite its many wonders. And so, the Yellow Fairy created the Creatures.

No one knows for sure why there are Magical and Dark creatures that are so different. There are so many versions of the story and no one knows which one to believe.

"There's a version that goes around our forest. In this version of the story, the Yellow Fairy and the Vampire King were lovers. The Yellow Fairy created the Magical Creatures while the Vampire King created us Dark Creatures. But the two different creatures lived in one big forest called Earth. But one day, a dark creature attacked a Magical creature and the two kinds quarreled. The Yellow Fairy and the Vampire King had to choose side. And so they broke up, dividing the forest."

The three Magical creatures couldn't believe tye story that the witch was telling them. The Yellow Fairy and the Vampire King... were lovers? And they had to break up because of a Dark creature's mistake?

"That's... unfortunate... But they loved each other, don't they?" Jimin asked.

"Of course they do. They made a promise, of some sort, to live only for 500 years. And another will take their place and legend says that, if one day, the vampire prince decides to marry the Yellow Fairy, all will be well and our forest will be in one piece again."

"Now you need to go. The castle is in the centre of this forest, head north from our cottage. We wish you the best of luck."

"Oh and I'd want you to have these." One of them said, handing them some fake fangs. "Put them on so you'll be seen as a Dark creature. Most of us have fangs so that'll help you blend in. And if you ever stumble upon any Dark creature, tell them you're going to seek Min Yoongi."

"Thank you so much Miss Witch." Jimin smiled and bowed.

"Oh, you can call me Solar. These are my sisters, Wheein, Moonbyul and Hwasa." She flashed a small smile before sending them off to the door. "Be careful, and good luck."

As they waved each other goodbyes, Soobin bit into an apple, paying full attention on the trio.