20 - Alone Together

"There once was a vampire who thought he had everything. He felt happy with his life. But his brother was the complete opposite. The brother would do all sorts of hobbies to feel accomplished, while the vampire felt like all of that was bullshit."

Soobin started the story, which made Seokjin stifle a laugh. He immediately knew that this story is about him and Yeonjun.

"One day, while patroling around his castle, the vampire met a Magical Creature, a cat. He was confused to why it was sleeping in the Trolls' cave so he took him to his castle."

Starting from there, Seokjin got hooked on the story as he knew that the cat in the story, was him.

"The vampire saw wounds and bruises on the cat's body and felt sorry for him. Those dumb fucks! How could the Dark Creatures do this to this cat? He said to himself. He made a mental note to apologize for his kind's behaviour when the cat wakes up. But it wasn't the Dark Creatures fault. It was the Magical Creatures who lived alongside the cat. They had beaten him up. That's why, he ran here."

Seokjin felt upset talking about this. He opened his mouth to protest but Soobin who could read his mind, asked him to listen. He gulped back his words and continued to listen.

"When the cat was unconscious, the vampire took care of him, treated all his wounds and gave him company. Although, he knew there was one wound he can't heal. The one inside,the one the cat made visible only for himself. The vampire soon felt like it was his duty to make the cat feel happy. And he had done just that by introducing him to his master named This Little Bitch."

Seokjin knew he shouldn't laugh but he couldn't help to chuckle a little.

"The vampire made a promise to This Little Bitch to rake care of the cat and shower him with love. So, he did, he treated him nicely, he showered him with love and affection. That seemed to do the trick since the cat started to become genuinely happy, and it made the vampire feel happy when he saw the cat's beautiful smile."

Seokjin smiled a little when he heard that part of the story. It made him feel happy.

"But the vampire was jealous of This Little Bitch. This Little Bitch got to spend time with the cat and his attention was all for him. They seemed so happy with each other. The vampire wished he was the one to look at him so lovingly; he wished that he was the one that gets to hug the cat so that he feels safe; he wished that he was the one, the cat gave attention to. But all of them were just wishes."

Soobin sighed and continued.

"A year passed, and the one that promised to keep the cat happy found a new pet to give attention to. The cat didn't feel anything at first and welcomed the dog with open arms. He needed a friend after all. But when the third pet came, loneliness came to visit the cat again."

Soobin suddenly felt rage while telling this part of the story but he controlled it.

"The vampire felt angry about this, but not because of the bunny. But because This Little Bitch broke his promise. He made the cat sad. And this mad the vampire sad. Because now, the cat hides behind a door, listening to a tale from the vampire, who had loved him for 2 years."

"The end." He whispered.

It was quiet. Even after Soobin had told his story, there was no response. He wondered what Seokjin was doing since he was so quiet. But before he could even read Seokjin's mind, the door suddenly opened wide. Soobin immediately stood up. There, stood a puffy eyes Seokjin, looking at Soobin with glassy eyes.

"You're a jerk."

"Eh?!"

"Are you trying to make me feel guilty for not loving you?" Seokjin asked in an angry tone whilst crying.

"No! I was just confes-"

Seokjin quickly hugged Soobin's tall figure, gripping tight and sobbing. Soobin was stunned for a second. He blinked and tried to contain his smile. He hugged Seokjin back and rested his head on Seokjin's head.

"My ears." Seokjin scolded, drooping his ears, steering them away from Soobin's head.

"Sorry."

They stayed like that for a while, both enjoying the company. Soobin looked down and saw that Seokjin's tail was wagging slowly in a manner that meant he was happy. He smiled to himself and hugged him tighter.

"I love you." He whispered.

Seokjin opened his eyes, meeting with Soobin's neck. He snuggled in deeper, burying his face into his neck and closed his eyes again, making Soobin feel a tingling sensation. Seokjin's slow breathing to the skin of his neck making him feel tingly.

"Uh ruf hu to."

"What was that?" Soobin asked. Seokjin opened his eyes again and pouted, looking at Soobin.

"I love you too." He confessed and nuzzled into his previous position, not knowing that the four words he just said made Soobin felt over the moon.

Now the vampire knows, why his brother wants to do all that to feel accomplished.

-

"I feel so single." Beomgyu complained.

The three were in their room, getting ready for bed. Seokjin was reading a book as usual and Jungkook was on his bed, eyes half closed. Beomgyu... well, as active as usual.

"Eh? Why so?" Jungkook asked, his intentions to sleep completely forgotten after Beomgyu had complained.

"You're with Yoongles already! Being sweet with each other, I want someone like that too!"

"Well, you are a puppy, and puppies are known to be an attention seeker. Explains why you feel that way." Seokjin response made Beomgyu pout and start a pillow fight.

Meanwhile, Namjoon took out a small pixie from his pocket. He looked at the stairs and saw that no one was guarding their cell.

"Go to the Tribe Leaders. Tell them to initiate plan B." He whispered to tye little pixie before she nods and zoomed away.

"Are you sure that was a right choice?" Taehyung glared at him. After what he saw, he didn't know if he would trust the Tribe Leaders anymore.

"Would you rather stay here?"

"As long as no one dies, yes."