part 2 1/2

Part 2 1/2

" Baby I had the strangest dream.....I went to pick jackson up but he wasnt on the bus, he, he-" Before I could even finish the sentence I knew it wasnt a dream. Two police officers sat at our kitchen table drinking coffee. Random people wandered aimlessly through our home. Somehow I knew their presence was relevant to them. It was all just surreal to me. " Val they're looking for him. He's ok. He probably just wandered off somewhere with his friends. I promise we're gonna find him." His hand squeezed mine reassuringly. Although I knew he was only trying to help it wasn't helping. See jackson didn't belong to Derrick. In the beginning Derrick never knew anything about jackson....we dated for almost 6 months before he even knew I had a son. The moment I introduced them to each other, it was like he was meant to be his dad. They took to each other immediately and we have had our happy little family every since then. I looked into derricks eyes.....he seemed just as hurt as I was. " This just doesnt make any sense to me. They said he got on the bus. They told me he would be here. Why would they say that if they didnt know." I began to cry. My baby is gone. Although I hadnt talked to ciara in what seemed  like forever, I knew I had to call her. We were like sisters growing up. Shared secrets and were always there for each other no matter what. She was jacksons god mother. She has to know. I have to tell her. One of the officers approached me. " maam do you have anything he may have touched this morning, something that would have his scent on it?" I jumped up without answering and ran to his bedroom. He always slept with his avengers blanket. I picked it up and held it to my face. Tears began to roll down my face. I fell to the floor and held the blanket in my arms as if it were jackson himself. "My baby!" I yelled so loud it seemed as though the whole house shook. Derrick appeared beside me and gently rubbed his hand along my shoulders. He took the blanket from my hand and passed it along to the officer beside him. " come on baby." With the slightest bit of hesitation, I pulled away from him. " Im not going anywhere." He stepped back into my grasp.  " WE are going to find OUR son" His eyes burned into mine. I knew I loved this man, but that confirmed it. I got up and let him lead me. We walked past everyone in the house, ignoring anyone that dare distract us from the task at hand...." Im comin jackson, mommys coming baby......"

Stay tuned for part 3😳😳