part 3 1/2

Part 3 1/2

Valerie
After looking everywhere that jackson could have possibly went to, Derrick and I sat in the car near the playground. Everything in my mind was telling me that he would be home soon. Something just wouldnt allow me to go home yet.  "Babe I know he's scared, hes never been away from home like this." I looked out the window searching for any sign of movement in the distance. Derrick's hand rubbed up and down my back." We will find him. I think we should go home for now, you really need to get some rest. We can wake up early and come back out."  " Your right. Let's go home but let's ride the long way down past the park. Maybe we will see something. "  He nodded his head in agreement. The drive was quiet.  I scanned everything we passed. As we came to the intersection near the park I saw what appeared to be a small child dart across the road. Before I could think I grabbed the steering wheel and the car swerved several times before coming to rest upside down on top of a guardrail.  There was a slight moment of darkness. Then upon opening my eyes, I looked over to the driver side where Derrick should have been. His seat was empty, replaced with blood and shattered glass. My body felt jammed, the door had pushed in and it wasn't budging. "Derrick!!"  I yelled as loud as I could hoping he could come pull me out. No response. I looked around for something to break the window with. There was nothing. I turned myself sideways in the seat and lifted my leg in front of the window. After 3 kicks the window shattered and I climbed out. "Jackson!.....Derrick!!!?? I yelled as I walked around trying to see in the dark. I wasnt sure that the child I saw was Jackson, but I knew I saw something. My eyes fixated on something a few feet off the road. As I came closer I realized it was Derrick. I ran to his side. His lifeless body layed there, covered in blood, all twisted and mangled. " Baby? I'm here derrick. I'm gonna get us some help." I clutched his bloody hand inside mine. Tears filled my eyes. There was no help. I knew he was gone. Before I could catch myself, I screamed. " Help me God! Please somebody help me!" I got up to walk back to the car and find one of our phones. Out of my peripheral, I saw something dart across the road again. "Jackson! Is that you? Who's there?" ........no response. Is somebody fucking with me? I made my way back to the car. My phone was in the floor, so I tried opening the door. That wouldnt budge so the only thing I could do was lean in through the broken window. Once I retrieved the phone, you would think my first step would be to call 911 right? Instead I turned the flashlight on and walked over towards where the woods began. I knew I saw a little boy run across the road. If it was jackson why wasnt he answering me? At this point the only logical thing for me to do was to follow the child. Without hesitation I stepped into the darkness.......unsure of what the darkness held......

Stay tuned for part 4