part 7 1/2

Part 7 1/2

Ciara
After I made Rico calm down enough to worry about val and jackson, we went to the location and I called the number.  " Take the money and drop it over the cliff behind the cave. Then you'll find them inside of the cave all the way in the back. By the time you get to them I will be gone."  The call ended. I took the money from my purse and tossed it over the cliff. Rico stood behind me the whole way. After that we rushed inside the cave. All the way in the back there was Valerie and Jackson both laying there looking like they were barely holding on. I ran to Jackson. He had a faint pulse. "Call 911' I yelled to Rico . I still wanted to know who took them . I ran back outside hoping to see someone fleeing the scene. There was nothing. The cops were there in less than ten minutes. Once they had taken them, I drove Rico back to his house. Hoping all the drama would make him forget about Jamaal. We sat there in silence for a few minutes. I didnt even realize that he had grabbed my hand. It felt good to be touched by someone that wasn't beating my ass. With him everything was different. The way he looks at me. The way he touches me. Being around him made me realize I never really fell out of love with him. My phone rang. I already knew it was Jamaal by the ringtone. " I better go. I know jamaal is probably worried and I want to go to the hospital to see val." He kept on holding my hand refusing to let go. "Look, I know I fucked up with you. I know why you left me, but I'm not the same person I was back then. All the advice your mom gave-" "So you've been talking to my mom?" I ask him. "I never stopped. You know yo momma likes me. She definitely dont like ya new dude and  when I tell her what's going on she really wont like him."
I knew he was serious. My mom did love him and I knew that they were close, I just didnt know that they still spoke to each other. Of course how would I know that? I hadnt spoken to my parents in God knows how long. " Will you please just let me handle it?....please?" I used to have a way of getting what I wanted out of him, but given the situation I wasnt sure this time. " You ain't been handling the shit. I think its time for me to take over...... You know I'm always gone have yo back regardless of who you with." His words eased my mind and engulfed my whole spirit. He was like a security blanket. My protection from any impending danger. Considering the fact that my life had been complete chaos for the last few weeks, I just wanted to feel safe. I knew if I went home Jamaal was gonna beat my ass. I also knew if I didnt come home it would be worse. Catch 22 either you lose or you lose. " I know, and I never stopped loving you. I moved on because I didnt think you would ever be faithful.....I just wanted somebody that only wanted me." I looked away from him. I didnt want him to see the pain in my eyes. How bad it had hurt me to leave him. How I tried so hard to make things work with Jamaal because I didnt want a repeat of what happened with Rico. I always cooked for Jamaal kept the house clean, supported his work, gave him pussy on demand rather I was tired or hurting. I just wanted him to be happy so he wouldn't seek anything from another woman. I guess some of that worked. Jamaal had never cheated that I knew of,  but the beatings were enough to make me not want to go back home.  "How about you stay with me tonight......you can have the bedroom. I'll sleep on the couch."  He leaned over and took my keys from the ignition. As I reached for them he slid them in his pocket. " Wait! I have to go home." I tried reaching for the keys but he blocked me. " I wasnt asking. Your gonna stay here. You wanna know why?"
He asks. I sat back and crossed my arms. " And why is that?" I looked at him waiting for his response. " Because if you dont,  I'm going home with you. I promise you he ain't gone touch you again, even if it means I have to handle it my way."  He stepped out of the car and walked around to my door. I just allowed him to take over. He opened the door and extended his hand to me. Now the question is do I stay,  or do I go?.....

Stay tuned for the next episode 😜😝