part 10

Part 10

Ciara
Once everything was over I went home. Well to the place I had shared with jamaal, if you could call that a home anymore. As I looked around tears began to fill my eyes. Even though things had went the way they did, I couldn't say that I wanted Jamaal dead.I told Rico I needed some time alone. I just needed to process everything that had happened. Once I realized I still had fingers in my refrigerator, it dawned on me that that the womans finger had a fake nail. Val never wore fake nails. I went and grabbed the bag and emptied it on the kitchen table. Upon further observation, I realized the fingers were fake. I began to replay everything in my head. Who would send fake fingers? Why not really cut their fingers off? Not that I wanted that to happen, it was just weird that it didn't. With everything going on I never got a chance to speak to val. I grabbed my keys and headed to the hospital. When I finally found her room she was sitting on the bed. We made eye contact, and for a minute we just looked at each other. She stood and embraced me. We hugged for several minutes before I finally spoke. " Where is jackson? Are you okay?" She nodded her head. " We're both fine. I've been discharged....." I breathed a sigh of relief  until I realized she said she had been discharged.    "So why are  they keeping jackson?" She sat back down in the bed. She seemed as though she didn't really have the answer to that. " The doctors performed a bunch of tests to make sure he was okay after you found us. Of course he was dehydrated but they also noticed something irregular with his breathing. After they ran some tests they told me he needed a lung. I'm not a match." She began to cry. Tears filled my eyes. Could all this be real?  Why was all this happening?  " Okay, can they check me to see if im a match?"  I made the decision without thinking. If I could help I definitely would. " You've done enough already.  I couldn't ask you to do that...."  I grabbed her hand. " I dont recall you asking me anything. If I can help my nephew I'll do whatever it takes."
There was something about all of this that just didnt make sense. Something just didn't sit well with me........

Stay tuned for the conclusion 😳😳🤔🤔😏😏