part 13

Part 13 *finale*

Ciara
The whole ride to the police station I was a nervous wreck. Rico drove, as I sat there in a daze. I had no idea exactly what I was gonna walk into. By the time we arrived, I had played everything that had happened in the last few weeks over and over in my head. What had Val gotten involved in? I knew something had to have happened that I didnt know about for her to be acting so strangely. Slowly gathering the nerve to walk inside, I opened the door. Before I even realized he was out of the car, Rico appeared by my side, ready to assist me in any way I needed him. I grabbed his hand and we moved in unison up the steps and inside the police station. " Thank you for being here with me. I really dont know what I would do without you." I tightened my grip on his hand. " From now on you dont have to do shit without me. I know I fucked up in the past but now, I know I was wrong.... I know I did fucked up shit but I promise you from now on, the only thing that matters to me is you." He looked in my eyes as he spoke. Everything he said sounded sincere, but was I rushing things with him though? I mean Jamaal hadn't even been put in the ground yet and here I was carrying on with someone else already. Before I had the chance to respond I heard a small voice say: " auntie cc?" I turned to see jackson running towards me. Tears formed in my eyes. I leaned down and hugged him. " I'm here baby." I looked him over. He looked so helpless standing there clueless to everything that was going on around him. His clothes dirty and disheveled.  His hair uncombed. His little eyes looking at me so helplessly. "Auntie my mommy hurt herself. I dont think she's coming back." He started to cry. What in the hell had happened?  " What do you mean mommy hurt herself? What did mommy do?" He paused for a minute before he spoke. " She hurt the bad man that took me. She shot him. Then she shot herself. Why would my mommy hurt herself auntie?" I was speechless. What do you tell a 7 year old, that asks you that? As long as I had known Val, I would never expect anything like this. Before I could respond, a tall dark man in uniform approached me. " Are you Ciara Miller?" I let go of jackson and faced the officer. "Yes sir, thats me. Please tell me whats going on. Where is Valerie?" He stepped over to a desk and picked up and envelope. " We found his mother with this letter in her pocket. She had killed her father and shot herself in the head......" He pulled a piece of paper from the envelope and handed it to me. I began to read. .........

Stay tuned for the conclusion and finale😳😳