part 12 1/2

Part 12 1/2

Valerie
I flung the door open an scanned the room. Empty. My mother was probably at work. I knew dad was here somewhere. He never worked or did anything productive with himself. Mom had always carried the family. I ran through the house. There were faint noises coming from upstairs. I slowly eased up the steps. There was a light on in my old bedroom. I peeked my head around the edge of the door. Jackson was laying on the bed sleep. I ran over to him. Jackson wake up baby!" I shook him trying to get him to come to. Right as he seemed to be waking up, I saw my father walk into the room. " You got my money girl?" His speech was slightly slurred, I could tell he had been drinking. " No. I dont. I'm not getting you anymore money. I'm taking my son home now." I went to grab jackson, but my father pulled me away from him and pushed me down to the ground. " I see you ain't learned yet girl." He began to unbutton his pants. " How many times I gotta tell you girl, I'm yo' daddy, you gone' do what I tell you to do ....." As soon as he leaned over top of me, I pulled the gun from behind my back. With one already in the head I aimed it at him. Once he realized that I had a gun, he slowly started to back away. His pants had fallen to his knees. " Now you know you not gone use that thing. Let daddy have it, I got something a lot bigger than that for you to play with." At this point I stood up, I began to walk towards him.  "You know what dad? Your a sick ass bastard. I've waited a long time for this moment. You cant control me anymore. You wont ever raise my son and corrupt him the way you are. You dont have anymore power over me. I'm finally free!" Looking at the coward that was responsible for my birth, I wondered how I had let someone so pathetic hold so much power over me for all these years. My tears had turned into courage. I somehow found the courage to squeeze the trigger. The loud boom echoed off the walls. His body fell to the floor. He looked at me in disbelief as if my actions had surprised him.  "You think killin' me gone change where you come from? You come from me. You cant escape that, rather I live or die. I'm always gone be yo daddy. "  His words trailed off and he took his last breath. His eyes still looking at me. I turned around to see jackson  slowly looking around. Still appearing to be halfway sleep. "I love you jackson. I'm sorry." In that moment I realized my father was right. I would never escape him. I couldn't. ......I held the gun to my head with tears in my eyes and pulled the trigger.....

Stay tuned for the finale episode 😲😲😢😢