part 13 1/2

Part 13 1/2 *finale conclusion*

Ciara
As I read the words Val had written, I cried. Inever doubted that she loved me, and I never loved her any less. I knew there had to be something causing her to act the way she had been acting. Her father. That sick fuck. I knew he was a racist. He never liked me, and he never tried to hide that fact. I should have been there. How could I just allow a man to put so much distance between me and Val. Maybe if I had been there none of this would have even happened. When I finished the letter, I looked up at the officer.  "So what now. What happens to jackson?" The officer looked down at jackson and then looked back at me. " You were listed as next of kin. So he will be placed with you for now-" I cut him off.  "Hold up. What do you mean for now. If she's dead who else would you give him to?"  "Well ma'am,  she isn't dead. She was still breathing when the paramedics arrived. Last time I was updated she was still in a coma. They said the bullet hit the back of her head, there's a lot of damage so they're not sure that she'll pull through." So she was still alive. I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank you God. Thank you. There's hope. Maybe she will pull through. She will pull through. " So can I take him home now? I think he needs to go get a bath and something to eat."  "Yes ma'am." He leaned down to jackson and slapped him a high five.   "Remember buddy, any time you need help or if you just need someone to talk to call down here to the station and ask for officer tompkins." " Ok buddy." Jackson smiled as he responded back. Rico still stood behind me. Allowing me to handle my business, but still in my corner. As we left to the station and headed to the car, I realized how much my life had changed and was still changing. I always wanted kids eventually but I never expected it to be under these circumstances. Regardless of that I would take care of Jackson as if he were my own child. With Rico by my side, maybe we could have that perfect little family I had always dreamed of. Seasons change, winter makes you appreciate spring, summer makes you appreciate fall. No matter the season, I would make the best if it......I would make it my season......

The end😏😏😏....maybe........