Chapter 2

"What?" I squeak. Is he suggesting what I think he is?!

"We're going to a movie tonight and-"

"Nope." I interrupt him before he can say anything more, thankful that I got it wrong and knowing he'll want me as a buffer.

Hailee already told me the plan and he wont want to see the romantic movie. If I go, he'll have an excuse to get out of seeing it. He'll say us 'girls' can watch it together and then he'll go off and do 'manly' things. Been there, done that.

"Really? Cause Shawn won't be home tonight, you'll be here all alone and I wouldn't want you to-"

"Nice try." I interrupt him again. Though I am pleased to hear Shawn won't be here to bother me tonight.

"Damn." He grins. "Alright, well, if you change your mind."

"I won't." I reassure him with a smile.

He leaves the kitchen and heads towards their bedroom.

Knowing it will be awhile before I see either one of them, I begin my task of preparing dinner for the three of us by myself.

I grab the vegetables and start washing them off in the sink.
I feel someone behind me but I don't pay attention. It's probably Hailee coming to help me with dinner, though I thought they would be busy for awhile. Maybe it was just a quickie.

"Damn, baby." I jump when I hear Shawn and feel him brush up the bottom hem of my shorts as he fondles my ass.

"Don't touch me!" I growl at him as I roughly push his hands away from me and back away.

"I can't help it when you wear shit like that." He smirks as his eyes fuck my body. "Damn, girl, you have fine ass legs. And your ass... Mmm."

"Why are you here?" I ask him, annoyed that he's bothering me, as I turn off the sink.

"I live here."

I roll my eyes at his cocky response and put the veggies on the cutting board. I grab a knife and begin to chop.

As I do this, I notice he's not wearing his regular jeans and MENDES CONSTRUCTION T-shirt he usually wears to work, and he's also not wearing his work boots. He seems to be dressed casual though, nothing fancy.

"Niall said you wouldn't be here." I tell him. "I'm sure that means you have a... a date."

"Not really."

I instantly stop chopping, seconds away from calling Aaliyah and asking her if I can come over now instead of tomorrow.

"Don't get your panties in a twist," He says when he see my reaction to his plans, stealing a piece of the green pepper I just chopped as he jumps up on the counter to sit near me.

"I'm still going out, just not until after dinner. And it's not a date."

"What, you don't wine and dine them anymore?" I go back to preparing dinner.

"Them?" He asks, grabbing another green pepper.

"Your flavor of the months." I explain as I work on another pepper.

"Huh?"

He pops the green pepper into his mouth and chews much too slowly and dramatically than needed. It makes my eyes go straight to his mouth. He has perfect lips, they look so... Kissable, okay, I admit it, his lips look totally kissable.

No wonder he doesn't have any problems getting laid, the man looks like Adonis himself. Even a girl that wants nothing to do with him can't help but notice how incredibly attractive he is.