Chapter 3

When I first got here, I noticed the Christmas decorations looking out of place. Karen is not known to leave decorations up after a holiday has ended, especially one that has ended months ago and the seasons have also changed, but Aaliyah insisted her mother simply 'forgot'.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling Aaliyah is up to something with this.

Aaliyah and I take our bags to her room without further talk of the decoration. It's simply forgotten.

After we place our bags on her bed, she runs into her huge walk-in closet to get the shoes she thinks will look good with my dress. As she's in there I hear a motorcycle driving nearby. It makes me feel like I'm on a rollercoaster.

My heart beat picks up, almost like the anticipation of the dip, and then when the motor dies out, my body relaxes.

Why does this happen every time I hear a motorcycle?!

It even happens when I hear Shawn coming home. I really want to ride on a motorcycle, just to see how the feeling will be when I'm actually on the bike. I mean because, it has to be something about motorcycles making me feel this way. Shawn has one, a really sexy black one, but no way am I asking him to give me a ride.

Aaliyah comes back out with a pair of silver pumps with ankle straps and sparkles covering them. I know they're Louboutin's because of the signature red bottoms and the fact that she is a designer girl.

The heels look amazing and totally killer, especially with a few drinks in.

How Hailee and Aaliyah can walk in these killer heels so often, I'll never know. It looks nearly impossible as well as unnatural. And why they choose to wear heels when they're going to be drinking and stumbling around, is beyond me. I'd rather wear flats, but they do look beyond beautiful.

"These are the shoes I was talking about." Aaliyah says as she unzips my dress bag that is hanging from her bed's railing. "See. They're perfect."

"Liyah, I-"

"Relax, Mila," She interrupts me, suspecting what I will say.

"You're only borrowing them.

Well I would hope I'm only borrowing them, no way would I be able to accept such a gift from her knowing they're so expensive. She's given me expensive gifts before but now that she knows I feel uncomfortable accepting such things from her, she's stopped going too extreme. It wouldn't be so bad if I could return the favor, and I know it's not about cost, it's about the thought, but still, it makes me uncomfortable.

"Yes, but, I wont be able to walk in them." I explain. "I mean, I can barely walk in shoes like that when I'm sober, forget when I've been drinking."

"It'll be fine." She assures me. "You wear heels to work everyday, these aren't that much higher than those you wear to work. They're actually surprisingly comfortable and easy to walk in. You'll see. We'll practice while we're getting ready too, so you'll be fine."

"If you say so."

"I do." She grins.

Planning to lay out now, we gather our bikinis to change.

Aaliyah changes in her bedroom's ensuite so I go to the hall bathroom.

Thankfully Aaliyah's dad isn't home, it's just us and her mom here so I don't have to worry about anyone seeing me in so little. I brought more than one suit with me, just incase I needed more coverage if there were a guy here. But since it's just girls I decide to wear my tiny black bikini to get more sun on my pale skin.

Before I leave the hall bathroom, I grab my black lace cover-up and carry it with me.

Aaliyah comes out of her bedroom around the same time I come out of the hall bathroom. Her bikini is multicolored and strapless, and she has her wrap tied around her waist.