Chapter 6

It's incredibly loud in this club, I can barely hear anyone talking. Not that I'm paying much attention to anyone, I'm more focused on this weird surge of energy on my left that I totally blame on Shawn.

Aaliyah was right, I haven't been able to stop thinking about that kiss.

I didn't even notice when Hailee and Niall arrived or the waitress returning with our drinks.

Usually, I'd be staying far away from Shawn if we went out with the group, I have before, but, I'm oddly finding him near me... I can't explain it, but I like it. I feel so... tingly and warm and I haven't even drank much yet.

We're sitting closer than I would ever allow before, but I put that on needing room for the others to sit.

The waitress comes back with more drinks and takes Hailee's and Niall’s orders just as Aaliyah’s friend Sean joins us.

I nearly jump out of my skin when Shawn’s hand brushes against my bare thigh momentarily.

I feel my sex clenching, something it's never really done before, and my breathing even picks up so I'm practically panting.

I don't know what's wrong with me or why I'm even feeling this way.

Ignoring how his knuckles feel, I finally pick up my drink and gulp down quite a bit. I'm nearly finished when the waitress returns with another round.

Thankfully I've only had the one while everyone else is one ahead of me. I know my limits and plan to stick to them.

Shawn laughs at something someone says and moves his hand away from my thigh as he grabs his beer bottle, bringing me out of my daze but putting me in a new one as I watch him take a pull of his drink.

I squirm watching as his Adam's apple bounces and then as he lick his lips when he's done. He puts the bottle back down on the table and glances at me with a questioning brow raised so I turn away from him and blush at being caught staring.

I risk a glance back at him through my lashes, hiding my face behind a veil of my hair, but he's still watching me so I'm caught again. He smirks my way before turning his attention back to Niall.

"Mendes."

We all look up when we hear a male voice.

"Zayn," Shawn moves to stand, doing that weird guy shake thing as he greets the newcomer.

"Glad you could make it. You know Niall.

"Sup." Zayn nods to Niall Niall nods his beer bottle in Zayns direction as a way to say 'hey' in return as he nods.

Shawn and this new guy, Zayn take a seat.

So I guess Shawn was telling the truth when he said he was going to hang out with a guy from work tonight. It would explain how he knows Niall because Niall is the owner of the company, making him the boss.

I kind of feel bad for doubting Shawn. Kind of.

"Everyone, this is my friend Zayn. Zayn, this is everyone." Shawn then begins to point out everyone as he gives Zayn their names. When he ends with me, I'm surprised when Shawn puts his arm casually around my shoulder.

A mixture of warmth and chills run through me and my body tenses up at his unexpected touch but he keeps his arm in place. I bite my lip as I feel that strange tingling sensation in my belly again when his thumb begins to rub back and forth on my bare shoulder.

His friend looks at me then back to Shawn and nods. And it's then that I know what Shawn is doing and why he chose to put his arm around my shoulder. He's claiming me so his friend knows I'm off limits.