Chapter 21

"I don't have anything with me." I say when I realize I forgot to grab my bag.

"Don't worry about it." He pulls me back towards him when I try to go back. "My treat."

Shawn locks the door then together we walk towards his motorcycle.

"Uh-" I'm hesitant to get on the bike, especially if it hurt just to sit on Hailee's bed. Riding on the bike would not be a good idea.

"What's wrong?" He keeps his hand in mine, now stretched out because I stopped walking. "I thought you liked the bike?"

"I- um. I do. It's just that... I- um I'm a little, um... sore. Down there."

"Yeah." He grins like he hit the jackpot. "Okay, we'll take your car."
I tell him where to find my bag that my keys are in and he jogs inside to get it for me.

Once he returns, he unlocks my car and opens the passenger door for me. I get in, letting him do the driving. We're quiet during the ride. I'm not sure if it's a comfortable or awkward silence but I choose to stay quiet.
It doesn't take him long to arrive at our destination. IHOP.

After Shawn parks my car, he quickly gets out and comes to my side to open the door for me. It makes me smile that he's being such a gentleman. Karen would be proud of her son's manners.

"Thanks." He takes my hand and together we walk inside the restaurant.

We're seated right away since it's not very busy this morning and I'm cautious as I sit in the booth, this time knowing I'm sore from last night. We decide what we want before the waitress arrives; pancakes, bacon, eggs and toast. Shawn sure does have a hearty appetite and I'm quite hungry myself this morning regardless of how nervous I am to talk to him. I don't know why, but I feel my green-eyed monster coming out when the waitress arrives. She asks for our drink orders, only looking at Shawn way too long and overly batting her lashes. It isn't until I look at him that I know he's paying absolutely no attention to her, all his attention is on me.

"What would you like, baby?" He reaches his hand across the table for mine. Normally I wouldn't like him to use the pet-name on me, but I'm finding I like it more and more, and especially since this waitress is openly gawking at a man who is clearly with a girl. I mean, how freaking rude. It's obvious that he's taken, but the waitress is in homewrecker-whore-mode, not caring. Thankfully Shawn isn't giving her the time of day.

"I'll just have some orange juice."

"No coffee?" He smirks.

"No." I smile at his little joke.

Shawn finally faces our waitress but he still looks uninterested in her as he tells her what we want to drink and eat.

"So," He begins once we're alone, seeming somewhat nervous as he runs his fingers through his hair. "I wanted to talk to you about last night."

Thankfully he's the first to bring it up. "What about last night?" I try to act uninterested, much like I did with Hailee earlier, but I can never pull it off.

"I- You- Christ, you're so unexpected. I can't believe you were a virgin, Mila, why didn't you tell me?"

Gees, thank goodness we're not sitting next to anyone.

"I'm not in the habit of telling everyone my sexual status." Mainly because it's embarrassing. "I was going to tell you before we... you know, but it just happened. Don't worry, Shawn, I'm not going to become obsessed with you like some little girl with a crush and fantasies of rainbows and butterflies. You have nothing to worry about, I just wanted to do it so I did. We don't have to do it again."