Chapter 30

He sighs and I think he's going to say something about me not having the knowledge of building a business that college would give me, the same thing he always says, but what he does say takes me by surprise. Even his tone is different, lighter.

"And if you don't pay me back?" Fuck. Is he considering the loan?!

"I will. I promise. This company is only going to be available for so long, I just need $100,000,"

"Actually I could even use $80,000." I say when I remember I have 15k in my account and Selena would loan me 5.

"I see." Fuck. This doesn't sound good.

"You know, son, it wouldn't have been this hard to finish college and then you could've had all of it by now. Now you need 100, 80... What's next? You'll lower it to 50? Shawn, listen to me. I tried to get you to finish college and get your degree, that's what the money was for, to help you after school. But you wouldn't do it. Instead you became this slacker that mooches off his brother. You wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for Niall. I wont have my children become slackers, Shawn. You need to learn the value of hard work."

I stay quiet as I listen, getting more and more pissed off at the words he's accusing me of. He doesn't realize all the shit I've given up just to get to where I am.

"Now, even if you go back to college, I still wont give you the money. It's always about this money to you and it's not even yours, it's mine that I put aside for you under certain conditions. Period. Life isn't about money, Shawn, and the sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be. Obsessing over money is going to ruin you in the end, mark my words".

"It's my money and the only way you will see that money now is if you have children and they graduate college. And then it will go to them, not you. But lord knows when that will happen, you can't even go out on a date with a nice girl? That's right, Scarlet told her father all about the girl at your apartment when she arrived. How are you ever going to find a nice girl to settle down with if you're always going after these floozies who can't keep their legs closed? Grow up and make something of yourself."

He fucking hangs up on me. I'm breathing like a bull, nostrils flaring at the shit he said.

Kicking up my stand, I start my bike and take off with no direction in mind. I can't go home, not yet. I should because Camila is there and she always calms me somehow, she'll know what to do, what to say, but I can't put that on her. I'm pissed the fuck off and I don't want to take it out on her or say something to her I'll regret.

I end up at a bar, some small pub. Some shithole place! After I order a double bourbon, I find a private booth and tell the waitress to keep them coming. I don't know how long I've been here or how much I've had to drink, but soon I sense someone coming near me.

"I need another." I push my empty glass towards the waitress. To my surprise, she sits across from me with the whole fucking bottle as she pours some in my glass. When I look up, I see a chick about my age, maybe older. She's blonde, short hair and she's dressed in tight black.

"You're not the waitress." I tell her.

"You looked like you could use some company." She practically purrs as she eye fucks me. I laugh once.

"If that's what you thought, that I need company, you seriously need help..." The alcohol makes me lose my train of thought for a moment before I continue. "Trust me, I don't need any fucking company and if I did, I have the perfect woman waiting for me at home."

"You're not wearing a ring." She looks at my left hand, checking.

"No." I lift my glass and bring it to my lips. "Not married." I say before I take a drink.