one ➶

"Yaku can," Kuroo looked over his shoulder and smirked at his friend and teammate

                      "Yaku can," Kuroo looked over his shoulder and smirked at his friend and teammate. Yaku only glared back at him, full aware that the taller male knew Yaku really didn't want to do this task. "Oh come on Yaku! It could be fun!" Lev pitched in as he swung his arm around Kuroo's broad shoulders. Nothing was fun about walking in the snow, at night, to drop off paperwork for the advisor. Yaku just rolled his eyes, crossed his arms, and sighed. "Fine fine," He gave in. Honestly if he wasn't going to do it then no one would, resulting in the whole team being punished.

He ignored the snarky remarks of the first years calling him "mama yaku". The rest of the evening was filled with the sound of teenage boys grunting, shoes squeaking on laminated floors, and volleyballs being spiked. "Alright, that's enough." Coach Nekomata waved his hand in the air. Yaku stood up from his crouched position and used the back of his hand to wipe away sweat beads. "That last block," He stood behind Lev. The tall first year jumped around and beamed fully ready for the praise. But it never came sadly. "You're damn hand was turned to the left again!! How the hell do you expect the opponent to be surprised when you're showing your next move!" The smaller libero seethed with whited our eyes. Lev hunched forward and pouted.

"You'll get there." Kenma cooly said as he walked between the two. "Yeah..." Lev replied softly, keeping his pouty eyes on his shoes. Yaku stood straight up with his hands on his hips, watching from his peripheral as Kuroo stood beside him. "You really do uphold the name demon senpai Yaku!" He chuckled while swatting the smaller ones back. "Tsk stop calling me that." Yaku smirked. He wouldn't admit it aloud but he sometimes enjoyed the nickname. He was pretty strong and headstrong on top of that, not much shook the boy. He was always focused with nothing blocking his path to the top. Regardless of his height he acted like he was the tallest one in every room.

"Morisuke" Yaku turned hearing his last name. He saw the coach approaching him with a large stack of paper. "I intrust these to you," The coach gave him a teasing smile before dropping the stack in Yaku's palms. Yaku groaned softly and watched the older man hustle off. "See ya tomorrow then." Kuroo waved off. The libero was left alone in the gym, well not entirely alone there was still some first years putting the equipment away. With the flash of a smile Yaku nodded and went to gather his things. He put on his matching red track suit over his practice uniform and slung his school bag over his head. "Goodnight Yaku!" The two younger males smiled, Yaku smiled back.

As soon as he walked out of the gym he was met with a brisk wind, instantly seeing the fog of his breath. "Gah I should've brought a scarf." He scolded himself aloud. His fingers started to freeze over under the large paper stack, only making the libero groan more. As he walked he took the seconds alone to gaze at the snow that was covering the ground and sky. His brown eyes gleamed with bliss, snow was really pretty honestly. His feet moved on their own down the open hallway with his eyes still glued to the scenery. He let out a small sigh, "Not so bad—"

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying any attention!" Yaku blinked as he was laying on the ground. What just happened? He was trying to piece together what happened, why he was now laying on his back in the hallway. His eyes were staring up at the light above him but the light was soon blocked out by a face. "I'm really sorry! Can I help you up!" A sweet, but very panicky, voice bounced in his ear drums.

Pretty,

Really pretty.

Yaku finally snapped out of the little trance he was in and shot up. Thankfully the girl backed away in time to dodge his flying head but the sudden jolt made her fall on her bottom. "AH! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!" His eyes widened as he frantically extended his hands out. She started to shake her head, her face still riddled with panic. "It's my fault! If I wasn't so caught up looking outside I would've never bumped into you!" She held her closed fist close to her chest, her lips wiggling like she was on the brink of crying.

"I-I wasn't paying attention either!" He unintentionally shouted. His face flushed red from his own shout. Yaku was flustered, he had no idea how to handle a crying girl. A crying Lev or crying volleyball member, sure! But not a person of the opposite sex! Yaku was breathing heavily and his brown eyes were wide trying to figure out a way to make sure she wouldn't cry. "Oh." He shook his head hearing her simply speak. She was leaning forward slightly with both hands pressed into her skirt. "I guess we both are at fault then," She smiled while tilting her head.

Yaku gulped, really really pretty.

"Oh no!" She gasped and got on her hands and knees, her hands pushing the papers together. "Your papers are going to get dirty!" She squeaked. Yaku stared at her in disbelief, how can she jump from thought to thought, emotion to emotion? "It's alright," He said softly standing up. He smiled down at her with his hand extended out. She gratefully took it and stood up. Yaku ignored the sudden tingly feeling he got from her hand and pulled away once she was on her feet. The two picked up the fallen papers together in silence.

"Thank you," Yaku spoke softly feeling a little awkward. "Why're you dropping off paperwork for the volleyball team?" She stared at the paper with quizzical eyes. "I was randomly picked to do so after practice." He sneered thinking about Kuroo's snickering face. "You're on the team?" She perked up. "Yup! I'm the libero!" He said proudly. "Wow! That's amazing!" She clasped her hands together and leaned forward, making Yaku once again feel flustered. "T-Thanks," He smiled back sheepishly. "Is that why you're here so late?" She asked backing away.

"Mhm," He nodded, "Why're you here so late?" He asked moving his head to the side. "Oh! I'm dropping off my club request form!" Her eyes turned from happy to determined. "I'm going to be your new manager!"

Yaku jumped back slightly thrown off. "Manager??" He blinked a few times, trying to wrap his mind around what she had said. They've been without a manager all year, why now? Maybe she's a first year and hasn't had a club yet? He thought about it a little before relaxing his tense shoulders, "I look forward to seeing you everyday then-" He froze mid speech. He started to shake replaying his words. Dammit! That sounded so creepy!

Surprisingly though she just giggled. "I look forward to see you everyday as well!" Her sweet expression made the libero feel better, flustered, but better. His eyes moved to the darkening sky, "You should head home. I can take your form," He offered her a genuine smile. The girl's cheeks tinted deeply, "O-Okay!" With a quick move she put her paper on top of his stack and turned away. Yaku stared at her confused. Did I say something offensive? He frumped up his lower lip, recalling his words trying to see if anything had a double meaning that may have upset the girl.

"Ah my name!" He looked back up and connected gazes with the pretty brunette.

"Hinako Lue!" She waved with a bright smile before skipping away into the snow. Yaku chuckled a little, turning on his own feet to finish his current task. He was actually excited to see her again.

What year is she in..?