six ➴

Lue sat anxiously beside Nekomata and Naoi

Lue sat anxiously beside Nekomata and Naoi. She was starting to understand the sport during the practice match with Kunihira. Nekoma was at match point but Kunihira was a point behind, if they were to get this point then it'd be tied! Lue's eyes widened with amazement seeing how fluently Yaku dug up the ball, how Kenma set the ball at it's perfect height for Lev to smack it down. "Yes!" Lue jumped up as the ref blew the final whistle. Her fist was high in the air and she was filled with as much thrill as the team was.

"You're really getting into it aren't you?" Naoi smiled as he stood up too. "Mhm! It's so exhilarating!" She smiled wide. As the team approached the trio she quickly took a handful of towels in her arms. She congratulated each boy as they plucked a towel from her. "You're one heck of a cheerleader Loo!" Yamamoto beamed dabbing his face with the white towel. "Yeah! Your sure getting revved up!" Inouka beamed beside him. Lue just smiled back with a thumbs up. The team was told to swap with Kunihira's team so the coaches could exchange some words. Lue stood next to Nekomata as he gave praise to the opposing team, offering them a friendly smile. "Alright, good game boys." Naoi waved off Kunihira.

Once the other school had left the Nekoma team was left to clean up their gym. Lue was leaving before the boys for once today, her brother wanted to discus some big news with her so she wanted to make it home before dinner was done. She reached up and undid her high pony, "I'll change when I get home." She spoke aloud. Only a few noticed their manager leaving waving her goodbye. Once outside the gym doors she noticed the heavy down pour. She smiled softly, she enjoyed the rain a lot, but unfortunately she forgot her umbrella at home. With a long sigh she walked to the front of the school, deciding just to call her brother to pick her up. As she sat down on a black metal bench, before she dialed on her phone her eyes met with the grey sky.

"Loo?" Isogai picked up the phone after one ring.

"I forgot my umbrella Iso.." Lue poured lowering her head.

"Need a ride?" She heard him chuckle along with clanging in the background.

Her eyes jumped opened for a second, "Are you already started on dinner?"

"Yeah but I can get you really fast—"

"No! Finish up! I can wait for the rain to stop!" Lue cut him off.

"Are you sure?" Isogai sighed.

"Mhm! It's okay! I'll be home as soon as possible!" She said determined.

"Alright, see you." He chuckled and hung up.

Lue let out an exasperated sigh with her head hanging low. I'm going to be home so late. She thought while sulking. "I'm not entirely surprised," A light chuckle made the brunette look up. Yaku walked closer to her with a hand on his hip. "Hey," She gave him a sad smile. "We're you in a rush to get home?" He asked sitting beside her. "Mm, Isogai wanted to tell me something, he said it was big news. I wanted to get home before he could finish dinner." Lue only pouted bigger, the boy beside restrained himself from gushing over how adorable she looked. "Well, then would you like an escort?" She sat straight up from his words seeing him stand up and opening up an umbrella.

"You're a true hero!" Lue jumped up and wrapped her arms around Yaku's torso. His body tended up for a second from the sudden impact but relaxed feeling her warmth. He patted her head sweetly, brushing down some fly sways in the process.

I'll be your hero any day..

"Wait, aren't you supposed to be helping clean up the gym today?" She pulled off him and gave him a curious look. Yaku rubbed the back of his neck nervously laughing, "Um they let me leave first. Something about wanting to give me a break for once?" He adverted his eyes away from Lue's, lying through his teeth.

"Where's Lue?" Yaku stood up looking around the gym for the short brunette. "Oh she left already!" Shibayama pointed towards the doors as he tucked the net in his arms. "So early?" Yaku mumbled slipping off the practice shirt. "It's raining, I didn't see her leave the house with an umbrella today?" Inouka spoke up gazing out the doors. Just then an idea sparked in Yaku's head. His eyes sparkled with the chance to walk home with Lue.

"I-I'm leaving first!" Yaku shouted making a b-line for the gym doors. "Wha- YAKU! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE CLEANING UP!" Kuroo shouted with his fist in the air. "I'll owe you!!" Yaku smiled widely as he ran out the gym. He quickly got to the locker rooms and changed in record time. Racing to find his best friend and crush.

"Oh, well okay then!" Lue beamed placing her hand above Yaku's on the umbrella. He instantly got nervous with her hand so close to his, with her shoulder brushing so closely to his. They're walk was quiet and only rain was keeping them from total silence. Yaku kept stealing glances at the girl nervously, fearing that she'd catch him staring at her. "Yaku?" He jumped slightly hearing his name. "Y-Yea!" Crap she saw me staring! "Do you think it'd be weird if I asked Karasuno's manager to meet up for a drink, just so I can get some pointers." He tilted his head to get a better look of her face. His eyes softened along with his features seeing how disheveled she looked. He looked ahead again, "It might be a little weird coming from you," He joked.

"What! What do you mean by that!" She abruptly turned to him, rocking the umbrella off of them for a second. "I'm just joking!" Yaku laughed wiping the droplets off his forehead. He looked down to see Lue puffing her cheeks out at him, adoring her just that much more. "I think that's a good idea," He smiled as he wiped off a rain droplet off the tip of her nose. "But in my opinion, you're already an incredible manager Loo," He shut his eyes and smiled ear to ear, showing off his perfectly white teeth.

Lue's heart raced firstly from his gentle wipe, but it skipped a few beats hearing him call her by her nickname. Her eyes widened and quickly looked ahead, not sure how to act in this moment. "T-Thank you," She whispered feeling her face heat up more. Lue felt something stirring in her chest, like a mix of butterflies and bats. It made her anxious and shy, but in a really good way. A small smile crept on her face as they began to walk again, intentionally she leaned deeper into Yaku's side. Her head almost able to rest on his shoulder if she wanted. The libero felt his heart swell and had the biggest, goofiest, love sick smile across his face.

"Do..do you want to come in?" Lue twiddled with her fingers as they walked closer to her front step. She saw the boy get fidgety. "I- Are you sure?" Yaku squeaked out. "I'm sure Isogai will be happy to see I've finally brought a friend home," Lue said casually with a smile unlocking the front door. She thankfully didn't notice the sad look Yaku suddenly grew on his face from her words. "I'm home," Lue called out removing her shoes. She turned around to let Yaku in, showing wear he can leave his umbrella. "Ah that was fast? Did it stop raining-" Lue smiled up brightly seeing her older brother skid into view.

"I brought home a friend!" She beamed before walking up to the tall male and hugging him. "A boy?" Isogai whispered for only her to hear, his eyes never leaving the nervous looking boy in the doorway. "He helped me get home Iso, his names Yaku!" Lue said in such a sweet manner it made Isogai less tense. "I-I'm Ya-Yaku." The third year held out his hand nervously. Isogai examined him for a second, then something clicked in his memory. A wide smile spread across his face as he quickly reached forward and shook the boys hand vigorously. "So you're Yaku!" Isogai cheered. He tugged Yaku into the house more, helping his shoes, literally fling off his feet.

"I saw in Lue's diary the other day about some person who she admires in the volleyball club— OW!" Isogai shut up when a blunt object smacked the back of his head. "Loo why?" He pouted facing his younger sister. "You were in my diary!!" She shouted with bright red cheeks. Isogai quickly regained his posture and waved his hands around trying to deny what he just said. While the two siblings argued, the libero stood there with a puppy dog look, only hearing the words

"some person who she admires in the volleyball club"