nine ➶

Three light knocks were heard throughout the quiet house

                  Three light knocks were heard throughout the quiet house. Isogai sleepily scuffled his feet across the wood floor to answer the door. "Come in," Isogai mumbled walking away, letting Yaku enter the home. Isogai was making himself coffee as he got ready for the day. "Lue's still sleeping." Isogai waved his hand tiredly in the air. "But we leave for Shinzen in an hour!" Yaku whined dropping his duffel bag on the ground. Isogai shrugged his shoulders while taking a long sip of his hot beverage, "You can try." he said lazily. With a grunt Yaku turned on his heel and stomped up the steps.

He has never been in Lue's room before but he guessed the room with soft music coming from within was hers. First he knocked, but after five or so minutes of waiting for a response he rolled his eyes and pushed open the door. "Lue you need to get-" He froze mid-sentence. Yaku's eyes took in Lue's sleeping figure curled in a ball on her bed. Papers and sport magazines scattered all around her. "Up until the very last second huh.." He sighed as he finally began to move over to her. The libero gently pulled hair out of her face, "Lue, Lue you have to wake up." He whispered. A smile grew on his lips, "Lue.." he poked her cheek softly.

Yaku stood straight up with his hands placed firmly on his hips. He couldn't help but to admire the fact that she was entirely adorable when she slept. Instead of trying to wake her up again he looked around her room for her packed belongings. He spotted a lavender colored duffel bag in the corner unzipped. Being the gentleman he was, Yaku shuffled across the floor and zipped it up, then placed it over his shoulder. "Yaku?" A sleepy voice made the boy turn around, a smile plastered across his face when he met the gaze of a half awake Lue. "We need to head to school, the bus is leaving in forty minutes." He said calmly. Lue just nodded her head.

Once she was fully out of the comfort of her bed she ushered the libero out of her room so she could change. Lue got into her red jogger nekoma pants, a tight black t-shirt, Isogai's old high school hoodie that was practically a tunic on the girl, and her trusty running shoes. With her eyes still slightly hooded over she tied her hair into a high pony and left her room to get finished getting ready in the bathroom. She looked around to see Yaku gone after finally being ready, probably with Isogai she thought to herself. While stuffing her hands into the front pocket the brunette overheard two voices.

"I'm counting on you." Isogai's stern voice was clear.

"Yes!" Yaku sounded like a trained solider.

"Protect Loo from those fiendish boys, make sure she eats every night, and keep her happy!" Isogai ordered.

"Yes!" Yaku barked back obediently.

Lue tilted her head to the side with a weary look on her face coming into full view of the two boys. "Why are you acting like I'll be gone for months?" She shook her head lightly. Isogai didn't respond with words, rather with a bear hug and by rubbing his cheek roughly against hers. Lue just groaned at his actions, clearly not a morning person. "Alright! Leave me!" Isogai pushed her away speaking dramatically. She stumbled back but Yaku caught her with his chest easily. She looked up and gave him a small smile while he gave her a full toothy smile.

"Bye! See you in a week!" Lue softly shouted out before turning on her heels. She heard the door close and moved her eyes to the lavender bag on Yaku's shoulder. "Yaku, I can carry my bag." She spoke politely. He shook his head swiftly before locking his eyes on her, "You're still really tired, with you being so short you might topple over if you aren't careful." She glared at his joke. "I'm only a few centimeters lower than you." Her tone was sharp but playful. Yaku chuckled while smirking, looking at her from her peripheral. Her eyes widened, "No out burst from the demon senpai?" Lue exclaimed jokingly. She could see the tick marks hovering around the boy.

She snapped her head forward and brought a finger to her chin and tapped. "Hmm maybe I can give Lev some good material," She looked at Yaku and winked, "Ya know since you're so cool with people talking about your height now!" Yaku froze with his eyes on the ground. Lue began to giggle and take a few steps backs. "Oh I think I see Lev now!" She lied. Yaku snapped his head up and began to chase after the girl, making her squeal and run ahead of him. "Lue I swear!" Yaku called after her. "If you say one word to that damn light pole I'll-"

"You'll what?!" She called out laughing.

Yaku's smile took over his face as he chased after the girl toward their school. The two were so loud it caused some people in their homes to cover their heads with pillows or shout out their windows. But the two continued to tease one another all the way to where the rest of the team waited.

Kenma was the first to spot the two third years. He glanced up from his hand-held game, "Those two sure are close." He said calmly, silently approving of the couple. "Man," Yamamoto grumped over with his arms crossed, "He's taking her home, picking her up, chasing her around- when am I ever going to have some moment with Lue?" His aura shifted from annoyed to sulky. Kuroo came home behind him and clapped his upper back chuckling. "I wouldn't hold out on that!" As he laughed Yamamoto clicked his tongue like a child and walked back over to the bus. Kuroo waved his hand in the air when Lue spotted him, "Morning Kitten!" He said cooly. Lue ran around him and hid behind his broad back, her arm and extending out from behind him and pointing at a panting Yaku.

"He's going to kick me!" She shouted with a smile, also panting. "Yaku?" Kuroo smirked. "Meh," Yaku stood up and playfully shrugged his shoulders. Lue stuck her tongue out at the libero as he walked passed, only to be flicked on the forehead softly. "You two sure look chummy," Kuroo turned around and smiled at the girl, who's face instantly went red. "W-We do?" She nervously laughed and looked away. "Mhm, so the bus ride should be comfortable for the two of you!" He proudly spoke and patted her head. "Huh?" She honestly asked looking up at the ravenette. Kuroo remained silent and got behind the girl to push her toward the bus. Everyone was loading onto the bus and he thought of a great idea, having Lue and Yaku sit together.

"Yo!" He happily smiled at the libero who was already seated in the middle of the bus. "Hey?" Yaku confusingly looked at a blushing Lue. "Here ya go!" Kuroo grinned and plopped Lue next to the boy, making his way next to Kenma near the back. He smiled to himself seeing Yaku and Lue start to laugh about something. "Why're you so happy?" Kenma didn't even look up from his game while he spoke. Kuroo shrugged his shoulders and leaned back slightly, "It's just about damn time Yaku found something to care about other than volleyball." The captain grinned, getting comfortable for the long bus ride.

It's been a good three hours since the team's bus started their journey to Shinzen, the sun was up and the scenery was passing by at a reasonable pace. Yaku offered to switch places with Lue after the first sharp turn almost made her fall out of the seat. So her eyes have been glued to the moving trees and cars with music playing in her ears. Her cheeks were still burning from the fact she was sharing the headphones with Yaku. They probably would've gone down in color over the course of time, but of course the playlist on her phone that was randomly selected was the playlist she created a few days ago...when Lue came to the realization she was crushing on the boy beside her.

Song after song was purely lovey dovey happiness and she couldn't bring herself to even glance at Yaku.

But just then, she felt something warm on top of her hand. Her eyes jolted wide open and she snapped her head over. She saw Yaku with closed eyes, but clearly awake and large smile on his face. He was blushing and looked a little nervous, but seeing him with the adorable smile on his face made Lue's heart jump. Her eyes softened as she took in a deep breath, thinking this moment was a make it or break it.

She turned her hand upwards.

And just like that, they intertwined fingers.