twenty three ➶

Lue was clutching her clipboard to her chest as the match continued on

                Lue was clutching her clipboard to her chest as the match continued on. It was Nekoma vs Fukurodani and the last set, Fukurodani took the first so if they took this one they'd take the game. Her dark eyes were focused on each player, bouncing from one to another as the ball was passed around. She took in a deep breath when Bokuto slammed down another a shot. Naoi called a time out.

The team gathered around the coaches and manager. Yaku and Lue locked gazes and shared a small smile. "Let's start intentionally cutting off his a shots." Kenma suggested. The team all nodded with confident smirks. As everyone else continued to discuss their plays and who was messing with them on the other team, Yaku slid next to Lue's side. His hand slipping into hers and giving it a squeeze. She looked at him and kissed his temple sweetly. "I will never stop being amazed by your receives, it's always so mind blowing!" She giggled holding his hand back. The libero's eyes shined, feeling himself rebuild up his confidence.

The whistle blew signaling the end of the timeout. The two shared a quick nod before he ran back out into the court. She sat beside Nekomata as he was mumbling about Akaashi. "He really understands that Bokuto," He chuckled lightly. Lue's eyes shot over to the opposing team. Watching Akaashi start to analyze Bokuto's growing aniexty. She couldn't help but smile, "He's a really good friend to him." It was true. Akaashi has like a six sense when it came to Bokuto.

Ultimately Fukurodani took the game. Lue hung her head low feeling the tears welt up in her eyes. A small pat to her head made her head turn, "We still have one more shot, don't be so down." Naoi grinned. Lue perked her head up and nodded confidently. With her clipboard clinging to her chest she walked beside Naoi over to Nekomata to congratulate the other team. "You played very well, it's no surprise to see how amazing your team is." Nekomata nodded softly as he smiled. Lue agreeing with his words. She scanned the team until her eyes landed on a pair of green ones. She gave Akaashi a toothy grin as a sign of congratulations. She looked away as soon as they were dismissed, missing the red tint that was covering Akaashi's face. But a certain libero noticed it.

Yaku walked passed the taller male and gave him a side glance, Akaashi giving him the same look. It ticked Yaku off a little to see another man obviously having feelings for his girlfriend. But the feeling of arms wrapping around his neck and a body plopping onto his back had all those irk marks evaporating. "You did so amazing out there Yaku!" Lue cheered into his ear. "Well of course I was." He said with his head held high. He heard Lue scoff and latch off of him, "Your confidence never fails." She said with hands at her sides, her face flat as she held back her giddy smile.

Lue loved how confident Yaku was, it was adorable. But she still loved to give him a hard time about it. Yaku's mouth hung open as he watched Lue saunter away. A hand clapped his back, Yamamoto chuckled "You sure know how to impress the ladies!" His little joke only made Yaku glare at him. He went to chase after the mohawked boy but was pulled back by his tall friend. "Relax Yakkun~" Kuroo teased with his arm draped around him. The instant Yaku heard the nickname he got hot. Images of a few nights ago popped into his mind. His body tensed and his hands started to shake, Kuroo taking full notice of Yaku's reddened face.