seventeen ➶

"Everyone practice for the spring high representative playoff's starts monday bright and early, so I expect you all to be ready

                        "Everyone practice for the spring high representative playoff's starts monday bright and early, so I expect you all to be ready." Coach Noai said sternly eyeing mostly the rowdy players. "Yes sir!" All the boys shouted together. "Keep it down! It's dark out!" Noai yelled right back, only adding to the loud noise in the night. "Travel safe," Nekomata nodded with a delighted grin, his hand patting Noai on the back. The team stayed behind for a few more seconds to wait for their coaches to be farther away. "Okay! I'm off!" Inouka anounced first stepping beside Lue who was visbaly getting more sleepy by the second. The taller male nudged the girl to get her attention, "Want to walk home together?" He gave her a gentle grin. Before she could answer she was pulled back. "I-I can do that!" Yaku stuttered feeling more than embarrassed.

But he was tired of waiting to ask her! The bus ride would've been ideal if four noisy boys minded their own. But no. Kuroo, Inouka, Yamamoto, and Lev all decided to hover around the longing teens with playful winks and comments. So now Yaku was determined to walk her home! Lue felt her chest fill with butterflies as Yaku had an arm locking her into his chest. The sleepy girl would put money on the thought that if she was to lean her head back and rest on his shoulder, she would pass out. "We can walk together then?" Inouka offered. Yaku's eyes widened, he forgot the two were neighbors. Thankfully Yamamoto slung his around around the first year and mentioned the idea of getting pastries before going home. Yaku let out a breath of relief and removed his arm from Lue's waist, almost not taking note of his arms whereabouts. "You two walk safe, make sure to keep real close," Kuroo shot the two a wink as he walked backwards with the group.

Yaku grumbled curse words at the tall captain causing Lue to laugh at his short temper. He just sighed heavily and let his shoulders roll forward. "Ready?" He straightened up and went to look her way but he froze when he felt her hand slip into his. "I'm really sleepy Yakkun," Lue mumbled as her head lazily flopped on his shoulder. The boy felt his face blush intensely at the nickname. She nuzzled deeper into his shoulder feeling his body heat sooth her. Being the close to Yaku was making Lue scream in her mind to stay six feet apart after what happened under that tree, but she was so tired that her body moved on it's own. Yaku squeezed her hand, "Don't fall asleep now Lue." He scolded with a light smile. "It's okay," She hummed as the two began their walk home.

"And why's that?" Yaku chuckled glancing down at her. "You can just carry me on your back!" Lue tried to sound energetic but her voice sounded more like a toy who's battery was draining. Yaku rolled his eyes with a scoff as he removed his hand from hers to drape his arm around Lue's shoulders, pulling her into his side. Both oblivious of the others large grins and matching pink cheeks. The two walked like that in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the peace and quiet together. Yaku saw the corner they normally split coming up, his nerves began to rise. For some reason he was positive she would say yes, but no matter how many times he relayed that in his head, Yaku was terrified Lue would reject him. As he kept trying to mentally calm talk himself down he didn't notice the brunette who had stopped walking.

"Hey," She mumbled staring at the boy. Yaku jumped seeing her out of his arm and spun around hastily, "Sorry! I was I guess too lost in my head," He grinned nervously rubbing his upper arm. Lue gave him a gentle smile but remained quiet. Yaku took the steps closer to her and reached out for her hand, which she sprung into. "Are you alright?" He whispered seeing her shuffle closer to his torso, only nodding. He chuckled to himself and petted her head as she buried her face into him, she's so cute. "Can we be more." The sudden question three Yaku off and had his brows pinched together. "Eh?" He stared at the street ahead of him trying to piece the words together in his mind. Lue jolted away from the boy and his her face in her hands. "I-I just me-mean— We kis-kiss— What we did under the tree and tha-that other night!" She began to stumble over her words, "A-And y-you even said that yo-you liked me!" She almost shouted but her voice softened as she heard Yaku laughing.

"Why're you laughing at me.." Lue lowered her hands and pouted. Yaku calmed down and took the step to close the gap between them. "I was supposed to be the one to bring it up first," His honey brown eyes softened as her dark molasses eyes grew. "So," He said sharply leaning towards her face, his voice deeper than the norm, "Lue," His eyes were locked onto her lips that were inches from his, confidence surging through his body, "Can we be more?" He said in a low, husky tone. The girl's head nearly popped off from the shivers his voice gave her. Lue found her voice had vanished and the only logical idea she could think of to answer was to grab the collar of his jacket and crash her lips on his. The two wasted no time molding into one another. Yaku was the first to smile on her lips, Lue followed next as he pulled away. The two shared a passionate stare before Yaku let out a deep breath and rested his forehead on hers.

"I was so nervous, hah." Lue giggled at his words and nodded. "I kinda was too," She said as she leaned in and rubbed her nose on his. Yaku blushed but didn't pull away until she moved away. "Walk me to my door?" She said sweetly. "I was planning on it." He replied moving forward with his hand extended out to the girl. Lue happily took his hand in hers and leaned into his side as they walked closer to her house. "Is Isogai awake?" Yaku noticed the lights all off. "Mm, he's at the hospital, he's signed up for extra shifts." Lue's eyes shifted to the ground as she spoke. Yaku only nodded and watched her unlock her front door. He didn't want to leave her alone, and he also didn't want to leave her just yet. "When will he be home?" Yaku said timidly, his cheeks brightening up.

"In a few hours," Lue smiled while heartingly as she caught on to what Yaku was thinking. She reached forward and held his hand, "Would it be alright if you stayed with me?" Yaku's eyes instantly lit up like an excited puppy. In a flash he had tackled the girl into her own home.