seven ➶

Yaku followed the two siblings into the dining room, his eyes momentarily being captured by a wall in the living room that was covered with pictures of Lue

                   Yaku followed the two siblings into the dining room, his eyes momentarily being captured by a wall in the living room that was covered with pictures of Lue. "Sit here," Isogai patted a chair and walked into the kitchen. Yaku nodded a thank you and sat. He smiled seeing how short Lue was compared to her brother, who he guessed to be in his mid twenties. They looked a little alike, only really sharing the same eye shape, color, and skin tone. "I'll bring out the plates!" Lue chimed up already walking towards the table. When she placed the dining ware in front of the libero he caught a glimpse of her cheeks tinting pink. He could get used to her like this, he sighed to his own thoughts.

A few seconds after she had set the plates and took her seat, her brother came out of the kitchen with food. "Thank you for the food!" The three happily said and started to eat, Yaku doing so very cautiously. He lowered his fork and bowed his head, "Thank you very much for letting me have dinner with you!" He spoke loudly, instantly feeling red. He looked up when he heard Isogai chuckling, a little confused. "It's no bother, honest!" He gave the third year boy a wide grin. With that the libero felt more comfortable and dug into the food. The three made good conversation, laughed a little, talked about volleyball and the upcoming tournaments and whatever else. "Iso?" Lue spoke after wiping her face with a napkin.

"Yeup?" Isogai gave his sister a wide smile. "What did you want to tell me?" She leaned her head onto her palm. Isogai shot up, "Oh!!" He ran away from the table and up the stairs that were around the corner. Yaku turned back to look at Lue already seeing her clean up the table. "Let me help!" He stood up. "No it's okay-"

"I want too," He gave her a reassuring grin and walked around the table with plates in his hands.

"Thank you," Lue spoke sheepishly following him to the kitchen. They both set the dishes in the sink and started to wash them together. Yaku couldn't help but smile like a fool, day dreaming about doing this on a everyday basis. Lue on the other hand was bright red from the constant contact with the boys hand. She truly did admire the boy, but now she was wondering if her admiration was turning into something....more. As she was lost in her thoughts, her face growing more and more red, she wasn't paying attention and let a plate slip from her grasp. She let out a gasp but Yaku swiftly caught it before it could hit the ground. "Libero skills," He smirked proudly. Lue stared at him with wide eyes and her mouth slightly open, her mind playing tricks on her with a bright light coming from behind Yaku making him look like a super hero. "Uh Lue?" He leaned forward to make sure she was alright.

Lue stood there frozen, her eyes locked onto Yaku's mesmerizing orbs. He had one brow raised, looking at her very confused but she ignored that and gazed at his skin. It looks so smooth, I want to touch it. Her hand slowly started to reach up without the libero noticing. "Oh there you two are!" Isogai blurted rushing into the kitchen. Lue let out a squeal and leaped backwards. "A-Ah Iso!! T-There you are!" She laughed loudly and robotically walked over to her brother. Yaku just stood there with the same confused expression.

Lue followed her brother to the living room, shoving those feelings from earlier way down. "Sit sit!" Isogai hurried his sister on the couch. Lue let out a confused giggle but followed his orders. "Okay I'm sitting!" She exclaimed seeing how fidgety her brother became. Isogai smiled brightly and whipped a paper out from behind his back and held it up proudly. Lue scanned the sheet, her eyes instantly lighting up when she saw the words "congratulations Isogai Hinako" she shot to her feet and jumped onto her older brother. "You did it?!" She cheered. "I did it!!" He cheered back.

Yaku came out of the kitchen to see the two siblings cheering like mad men. He noticed the small third year girl met eyes with him and got noticeably more excited. She peeled off Isogai and ran at Yaku, barley giving him anytime to prepare for her attack. "Isogai passed the test!" She shouted in Yaku's ear as he regained his posture and helped support her weight on him. He winced a little from the shout but kept his hold on her, not wanting her to let go of him just yet. "What test?" He asked softly. She leaned back a little so their faces were inches apart, her dark eyes wide. She remembered the small fact about her parents she's kept hidden from everyone. Isogai heard his sister choke up and got closer to the two. Lue got a few steps away from Yaku and smiled up at him, "Isogai's a doctor now," She said simply.

"Oh- Congrats!" Yaku turned to Isogai and smiled. "Thank you," Isogai said back politely. It was quiet all of a sudden, and Yaku picked up on the weird almost sorrowful atmosphere that lingered around Lue and her brother. With a deflated sigh he spoke up, "I'll go home now, let you two celebrate!" He said nodding. He could see Isogai giving him a thankful nod for not prying. "O-Oh Yaku you don't have too!" Lue perked up realizing that the boy must've caught on to her different mood. She stopped her panicky state of mind when Yaku began to smooth down her hair gently.

"Walk me out?" He spoke and she nodded. They got to the door and Lue stood silently watching him put his shoes back on. "Hey Lue," She stared down at his sitting figure, noticing he was done lacing up his shoes. "Yeah.." She whispered back. Yaku was quiet as he stood up, grabbed his umbrella, and opened the front door. Lue saw it was still raining. She blinked realizing he was now standing in the rain smiling at her.

"I can't wait for the day you tell me everything about you," He was staring at her dead in the eye and it made her heart race. He waved her off and began his walk home, leaving her in the doorway to watch him walk away. Lue felt someone behind her and quickly shut the door. She spun around to see Isogai smirking, rolling her eyes she moved around him. "Loo," Isogai playfully said but she ignored him. "Loo it's not nice to ignore someone." He pouted from behind watching her grab her school bag.

"I'm not ignoring you," Lue smiled nervously. "You were." Isogai retorted. She gave him a playful smile and continued to make her way to her room. Isogai stayed at the bottom of the steps just smiling to himself. He heard a door closing shut and moved to the kitchen to prep dinner for the next day. His smile never left his lips and all he could about was the moment Lue ran to that boy to tell him his news. Sucks to admit that I won't be the number one man in her life anymore..Isogai chuckled aloud with a small sad smile.