ten ➴

"Lue? Are you alright?" A soft, feminine voice spoke up

             "Lue? Are you alright?" A soft, feminine voice spoke up. The brown haired girl who was previously zoning out again, quickly snapped back to reality. "Y-Yeah!" She semi shouted. "I'll leave first then," Kiyoko, Karasuno's manager nodded with a small smile. Lue smiled back but once the door was re-closed her smile turned into a whiny pout. Lue slapped her cheeks a few times and shook her head. "Stop overthinking!" She told herself. Her eyes marked the outfit preplanned hanging from the chair in the corner of the room, and her manager items sitting on the desk. Lue took in a deep breath and snatched the clothing up to quickly get changed.

It was the second morning of the summer camp and so far Lue's gotten to mostly know Karasuno's managers only. Kiyoko and Yachi have been a great help to the third year. They've given her some advice especially with figuring out how to spot the small tweaks of improvement. Once she was dressed in her black gym shorts and red Nekoma shirt, she slid on her gym shoes and left the room. "Goodmorning!" Lue waved as a few of the ball boys walked past her. "M-Morning!" A taller one with blonde hair blushed. She happily walked down the hall toward the cafeteria where everyone should be. She pushed open the doors and was greeted with the smell of syrup.

"Loo! Over here!" Said girl glanced over to see Inouka waving her over. She bounced over happily and took the seat beside him and Kenma. "Not getting food?" Inouka pondered as he stuffed his mouth. "Mhm, not that hungry." She smiled, her eyes catching sight of a bright head of orange in front of her. She turned to fully face the boy, his brown eyes already gawking at her. "Whoa! You really weren't lying Inouka!" The bright boy exclaimed. "Lying?" Lue whispered to herself. "See! Now we have a super cute manager like you!" Inouka proudly spoke, causing Lue to blush. "I'm Hinata Shoyo! I'm going to be the next tiny giant!!" Hinata stood up and bowed in front of her. "Lue Hinako," She smiled at him, but then her smiled formed into a confused pucker, "The tiny giant?" She questioned mostly to herself.

A loud gasp from Hinata made her jump back a little. "The greatest player to ever play for Karasuno!!" Hinata's eyes sparkled. "He was small like us but when he jumped, he was as tall as giants!" He spoke loudly, a boy at the opposite table with glasses shot him a scowl. "Wow you must really admire him huh?" Lue giggled, laughing mainly at the fact he said us. "Mhm! He's the reason I wanted to play volleyball," Hinata calmed down a little and sat back down. It went a little quiet after that before two coaches from another school reminded the teams to meet at the gym afterwards. "Hey Lue," She felt a gentle hand on her head. The brunette instantly froze and her face deepened in color. "Coach was wanting to speak with you before the practice matches started up." Yaku cheekily patted her head, bliss filling him up. "O-O-Okay!" Lue stuttered out while her mind raced back to the bus ride.

"Loo?" Inouka murmured with his chop sticks in his mouth. Lue quickly stood up, making Yaku jump back a little but stayed put. "I'll head there now!" She unintentionally shouted. "I'll see you at the first match!" Her voice was loud and caused some people to stare at her fading figure. Yaku stared at her running away and furrowed his brows. The libero sat down in the spot Lue preveiously sat, his elbows propped up so he could rest his chin in his hands. "Trouble in paradise?" Kuroo nudged Yaku's shoulder lightly. Kenma nodded. "You're annoying." Yaku mumbled, his eyes fixated on the table. He tuned out everyone and sank into his thoughts, worried he over did it with holding her hand on the bus. But she held my hand back, and didn't let go until we got off the bus. The thought made him pout and drop his head on the table. Stares from the two first year Karasuno players burned into his head.

Lue stopped running when she found herself outside and slightly lost. She walked over to a wall and laid her head on it. Worry and doubt circled her like floating stars. "Unn how am I supposed to face Yaku now," She moped. He must know how she feels now right? And there was no way she could face him after him realizing she has feelings for him. Just then, a flash of Yaku's blushing face and smile lingered in her head, causing her to pick her head up. Does he like me too? She felt her face tingle as her wobbly lips grew into a hopeful smile. She stared at her hand and felt her heart rate pick up, her mind telling her that he has feelings for her too. He never pulled away and he held her hand first. "Okay!" She confidently smiled and closed her fist. She was going to find Coach Nekomata and Naoi then run back to Yaku and tell him how she felt!

It made her feel so warm and fuzzy inside knowing that she's no longer afraid to not be a wallflower. He brought that out in her, Yaku helped her feel not so much like a burden anymore. He made her undeniably happy! Lue power walked down the halls until she luckily ran into Coach Naoi. "Coach!" She beamed jogging up to him. "Lue that's where you were," He patted her head. "Yaku said you needed me?" She stared at the papers in his hands before meeting his eyes. "Yes. I need you to take this sheets over to the other teams managers, it's score records for each practice match. The coaches have to get together afterwards and discuss each teams performance." He said politely handing over the sheets. "I can do that!" She happily took the sheets and bowed to him before running back in the direction of the cafeteria, the teams should still be there.

She turned a corner and bumped into a broad chest. Her nose stung a little as she tried to rub it better, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be running." She apologized finally looking up. A male with dark hair and steel like eyes just peered down at her. He shook his head, "It's okay. It happens." He said plainly. "Oh, okay then- wait!" She noticed the school name on his jacket. "You play for Fukurodani!" She beamed up at him and tried to pin point his name in her mind! She remembered Yukie and Kaori talking about their team last night! "Yeah," He gave her a gentle smile. "I'm the manager for Nekoma! Hinako Lue!" She held out her hand which he gladly shook. "Akaashi Keiji, I'm the setter and vice captain." His voice changed from monotone to genuine.

"I watched some clips of your teams practice last night with Kaori! You guys are awesome!" He saw stars in her eyes, noting how adorable she was, like a younger sister. "Thanks, your team is pretty great too." He chuckled. "Of course! She proudly stood straight. "Just wait until we're on the court! They'll blow your mind!" She beamed with a puffed out chest. Akaashi nodded, "Well with such high words from their manager, I expect no less." He crosses his arms and smirked. Lue chuckled like a cartoon hero, "Just wait and see Keiji!" He laughed lightly at her weird tone of voice and took a paper from her pile, her eyes blinking up at him curiously. "I'm assuming this is for Kaori and Yukie, I'll pass it on for you." He began to walk past her with a happy smile, "I'll be waiting to see if your praise is correct." He waved her goodbye. Lue smiled happily back, proud for making a new friend.

She turned on her heels and gazed at her feet, a smile across her pink lips. "Oh my god! Did you see him?" A girly voice pulled Lue's attention up. "He was so hot! I bet her was one of the other teams players!" Another voice giggled. Lue was curious to where they were coming from so she followed the giggled around the corner. "But who was that girl he was speaking too?"

Lue turned the corner and slightly froze. Recognizing the two girls instantly.

"Lue?" The one with pink hair stood there shocked while the one with bright yellow hair rolled her eyes.

"Sara?" Lue locked eyes with the pinkette.

"Cheadle?" She looked over to the yellowette.

"Ugh. Of course it was you talking to that hot volleyball player. Can't you ever keep your eyes off of boys?" Cheadle scoffed.