four ➴

The two didn't really speak while they walked

        The two didn't really speak while they walked. Yaku realizing how he's developed a crush on the girl made him so mute while Lue was nervous to mess up their new found relationship. She grew this fear of being a burden from middle school when her supposed friends abandoned her for reasons unknown to the girl. So now, having friends again was a big deal to the wall flower. Not to mention, Lue felt sort of flustered around the libero ever since he saved her from the wild volleyball. She couldn't figure out why though, so she kept it in the back of her mind.

Yaku balled his fist and swallowed the lump in his throat, "Lue?" He said her name softly. "Yes!" She said a little to energetic. "Can I ask you something?" He said without looking at her. She pulled out her sweet smile, "Of course! I'll answer anything you ask as a thank you for walking me home!" She held one finger in the air happily. Yaku smiled and looked at her, "You really don't have to thank me, I couldn't let you walk home alone." His smile made Lue even more happy. "Ya know Yaku, you have a really warming smile," She spoke freely looking ahead. Yaku's insides did flips while freezing but warming, he felt beyond flustered from her sudden compliment. "I don't understand why Kuroo says you're the demon senpai?" She spoke with her finger on her chin.

Yaku's mood did a one eighty and was now sulking and cursing at Kuroo silently. "Oh but you're question?" She piped up, as did Yaku. "Mm!" He looked at her, "How are you not popular?" He blurted out, freezing seeing the look she was giving him. He couldn't read it! Yaku started to panic and take back his question. "I don't know what you mean?" She asked honestly confused. Yaku calmed down and stared at her. She was giving him no smile, but her face was soft and genuine. He started to walk ahead making sure she followed. "You're really nice, and really bubbly.." He made sure he was a few steps ahead of her so she wouldn't see his pinking cheeks. "You get along great with the team, I'm just curious on why you seemed so quiet and alone during class." He said a little softer.

"Oh..well.." He heard her reply back, he could sense she was hesitant to talk about it. "You don't have to tell me if it's to personal!" Yaku shook his head and gave her a reassuring smile. "It's alright, it's nothing to big." She giggled lightly and walked closer to match his steps. "Back in junior high I had a lot of friends. We would do what every kid did, hang out, gossip, go on little trips together! It was wonderful!" She spoke so happily it made the libero smile. "But towards the end of our second term, they began to avoid me and talk about me behind my back." Lue kept her gaze on the ground. "I don't know what happened, but eventually they stopped being my friends and I was alone." Yaku felt his chest squeeze from her words. "So I decided until I can figure out what went wrong, I won't put myself out there. I'll just pass by." She sighed, Yaku looking defeated as he stared at the gravel by his shoes.

"I must've done something wrong," He looked at her confused once she laughed the words out. "So I'm determined to never let you or the team down! I promise to be the greatest manger ever!" She turned to him and pumped her fist with a bright but forced smile. But Yaku couldn't smile back at her, he could see the horrible doubt in her eyes. It was practically tattooed on her forehead that she was scared of being a burden. "I won't give you guys any reason to doubt me!" She cheerfully spoke and skipped ahead. Her eyes catching sight of a bright yellow car, signs that her older brother was home. "I can walk from here! I'll see you tomorrow Yaku!" She energetically ran off. The boy stayed where he was and watched her get into the house that was just a few streets away from his own incidentally.

Once her front door was closed Yaku made his way home. He didn't like the way she tried to cover up her real feelings, nor did he like the way she blamed herself for losing friends. She was far too kind and sweet to ever do something wrong, she was too genuine. Yaku ran a hand done his face and sighed aloud, getting a tad pissed off at those so called friends she had. He thought back to her words,

"I won't give you guys any reason to doubt me!"

Yaku's frown deepened. He can already tell that him and his team would never doubt her. It's only been one day of her being the manager and they all adore her like she's been with them since day one.

"I'm home," Yaku called out earning a greeting from his mother in the kitchen. He went to his room and placed his bag on the floor next to his bed. Dropping himself onto his bed, he covered his eyes with his arm, his mind bringing up certain images.

Lue in her gym uniform against the wall...

Lue's very sweet giggle..

The boy finally let the goofy grin over take his face. Feeling safe in his own space to express his crush. He was determined to make her see what true friends and friendship was. Yaku wanted her to never have that doubt in her mind, ever again.

"Yosh!!" He sat up quickly with a wide determined grin and his fist in the air near his chest.

He was going to help her break out of that confined shell so she could be her adorable and bubbly self all day long, not just during practice. Yaku wanted to be her closest friend. And that wasn't so bad because that meant he could be around his crush all the time.