Chapter 1-The start

My story is mine,no one else's. My battle was fought,by me-And only me. I was the opposite a broken clock,because with them you can always see when they've stopped ticking.. They just fall apart,with people that's different. They hide it. That's what happened to me.. And I'm here to tell you my story.

"Come on just kiss me," Josh says,pulling me closer to him.
"Maybe I don't wanna kiss you," I whine but his grip tightens, not the way to hold a could-be girlfriend,but that's when out of the corner I notice Dylan O'Brien,my crush,we sat together in Science class but he never really noticed me. Neither did he today when he was walking along holding hands with a beautiful girl with platinum blonde hair,perfect clothes and a beautiful,petite figure. He starts kissing her so that some stupid ticking pain in me makes me crash my lips to Josh as I start kissing him,he gets the message but kisses me harder after I pull away to see that Dylan and his girlfriend have gone.
"It's just a kiss!" I exclaim.
"Come on Emma!" He says "Are you sure you don't want more,a boyfriend perhaps?"
"Uh.. Uh. Well," I stutter the words slopping out of my mouth "I gotta go!"
I break apart from his grasp and begin running,never stopping, tears streaming down my face at every step as I brush my brown curly hair away from my face until I reach a house,and knock at the door. Until my best friend Thomas answers,hair in perfect caramel locks as he pulls me a sweet smile.
"What's up Emma?" He asks "I thought you were out with Josh,"
"I was," I sniff "But I wanted to come here-If that's okay?"
"Of course it is," he answers "Come in,"
His house is so welcoming as his arm gently encircles me and we walk up the stairs to his bedroom. With cream walls,oak furniture, and a wide tv with a shelf of video games and manuals.
I lay down on the headrest of the double bed,he does the same. As we look up,not at each other.
"Emma,is everything okay?" He asks, "I mean,you've been acting a bit different lately and I'm starting to get a bit worried,I've been your best friend forever,you can tell me,"
"I'm fine," I say giving him a short smile.
I'm going to smile,like nothing is wrong. Pretend like everything is all right. Act like life's perfect even though I'm falling apart,hating every second of everyday and I don't even know why,watching my best friend worry about me,watching someone I don't want kiss me,or watching my crush with another girl,ignoring my existence.
"You know you can always talk to me,if you need help," he says "That's what I'm here for,"
"I know," I say "Maybe it's just all this stress being fifteen with exams being bombed on me,I'm just a little bit worried,"
"Emma,you're one of the smartest in our year," he says "I wouldn't let these worry you,"
"Why are you like this?" I ask "Why me? As a friend. You could be friends with anyone Thomas but me? Why?"
"Come on," he begins "We're lost without each-other,we've been through too much. We practically know everything about each other,don't we?"
I nod. He's right,but that's not the only reason..
He helped me,he believed in me when no one else did.
-----------------
Hope you are liking this! Add it to your library and vote!!