Chapter 22-Don't leave me

Me and Brenda do each others hair,I give her long hair beautiful elegant locks from my expensive curlers while she styles me with a crown bun (picture in the chapter images) I hadn't ever had many girly sleepovers. And I would probably been really enjoy this one if it wasn't for Thomas' news.
"You feeling any better?" Brenda asks me and she does my makeup. My eyes need to be closed in order for her to apply the eye shadow.
"Not really," I respond "He's one of my best friends," I really like Brenda but still. No one is ever going to replace Thomas.
"I know how you feel. I had a best friend,her name was Sonya,she moved away,"
"And what did you do about it?"
"Nothing, well I hated everything but still. I managed to get over it,"
"Well you did that Brenda but I won't! Look I can't loose him,"
"You've got Dylan,Alex and Will. You've got me,"
"There not the same,"
"Don't worry Em,I'll be here for you,"
"I doubt that..."
"Of course I will. Through everything. You're the coolest ever,I'll always do your makeup,cry with you,whenever your moody and want to smash something up I'll do it with you and whenever you feel upset I'll calm you down. What are friends for,"
"Thanks.."
"I know you'll do the same for me,"

The sleepover I had to admit was pretty dull. I couldn't stop thinking about Thomas. He's been my best friend ever since I can remember,it's impossibly hard to remember a time when he wasn't, what about his girlfriend. I mean,he'd sure perfectly fit in and find another one but I wonder how she took the news. I don't care but I know that no one is going to miss him as much as me. It's not possible. I won't be able to live without him.
Brenda is asleep and I check the time. 1:58AM I slip on my day clothes then text Thomas.
'I'm coming round'

I leave Brenda a message too. Just incase.

I walk in the pitch black until I finally reach his house. I knock on the door and he answers immediately and I just look at him for a moment. Then step into his house. His house is packed full of boxes and looks awfully plain. I just feel like bursting into pools of tears but I hold it in.
We go up to his room and see that most of if is packed.
"Can't you stay here?" I ask.
"I can't," he sighs. We slump down on the floor,rest against the side of the bed "We need to go there for my dad's work. I already said no and asked to stay but I can't. I'm so sorry Emma. I really,really am,"
"How long will you be there for?"
"They said the shortest time is four years,"
"This isn't fair,"
"I know.. Maybe it would be different. If we were..."
"What? We were what?"
"Doesn't matter,but I've got packing to do?"
"At 2AM in the morning?"
"I mean tomorrow,"
"Can't I help you?"
"What about your friend,Brenda,"
"She won't mind,"
"No. Emma,I love you but I think it's time you start looking for a new BFF,and she's perfectly willing to take my place,"
"I don't want her to. I am not loosing you,look if it comes to it I'll come with you. Leave everyone I love but I'll do that. I'll do anything for you Thomas. I mean,come on your my best friend and I don't want to live in a place where I can't see you everyday,"
"I don't even know what to say,"
"Say you'll stay,"
"You know I would if I could,"
"So are you saying this is the end. The end of us?"
"I guess it is..."