Chapter 14-Get away from me

My parents left me and note when I got home. Telling me they went to my sisters piano recital. I grab some ice-cream from the freezer. But that's when I hear a knock at the door,I slump to it to see Thomas. Smiling at me.
"What?" I demand.
"Emma,just listen," he says.
"I am."
"Can I come in?"
"Yeah." we walk into the living room and we sit down on opposite sofas.
"Look I'm sorry,what else can I say?"
"I don't know,"
"Exactly,just forgive me,"
"I can't,"
"Why?"
"Because I feel like I love you. Thomas. That's why I got cross,but I feel like I love Dylan,"
"I'll do everything. All of it. For you,"
"I don't want everything. I don't deserve it. What about Zooey?"
"I can break up,"
"No. Everyone,you're all helping me. All of a sudden. I don't want it!"

I run out of the room at that point,sprinting up the stairs and locking myself in my room. I hear Thomas after me banging at the door demanding to come in. I give up and open the door and hide in the covers. I feel him beside me.
"You want me to stay?" He asks.
"I don't know.." I begin to cry at this point "Tom,why are we friends?"
"Isn't it obvious. Emma,you don't understand what you mean to people,"
"Bullshit.."
"No it isn't! Look I'm sorry you don't have the universe! I'm sorry you're not famous but you have me and I'm sorry but for now that's all you're gonna get."
"I know. And I don't care,about anything,"
"Why not?"
"I try to care,but the more you care the more you have to loose. I can't risk loosing anyone else,"
"I'm here,"
"No you aren't!"
He reaches out to hold my hand but I swivel away and hide in the corner. But he reaches over and sits beside me.
"Emma, are you okay?"
"No! Just.. I don't want you to see me like this,"
"I don't care,"
"I'm texting Dylan or your parents,"
"No!" I scream.
"Well what am I supposed to do?"
"Get out!" I then lower my voice "Please. And never come back,"

He just looks at me for a moment,his eyes on mine, I'm shaking and crying but he just leaves. I hear him on my stairs and out the door.
I'm alone now,
I just sit there for a moment as I cry. Hugging my photo frame which holds a picture of me and Thomas.
That's when I hear a knock at the door.
"Emma it's Will and Alex,"
I ignore it.
"Emma let us in now!"
"I'm gonna break the door down!"
"Please..."
I walk slowly down the stairs,wrapped it my duvet sheet and open the door to see them standing there,I crash into Will's arms as I cry my heart out. Will carries me to my room bridal style and sits me down on the bed. Sitting next to me. Alex comes in a little while later with a warm cup of tea which he puts next to me. He sits on the mattress so we're in a triangle.
"How did you know?" I ask them,wiping the tears from my eyes.
"Your friend Thomas," Will says "We didn't tell anyone,"
"Where's Dylan?"
"He's at home. We knew not to tell him,"
"Thank you,"
"This needs to stop,"
"What does?"
"You feeling like this, you can tell us anything. Everything Emma,"
Where to start?