Chapter 28-Life goes on

This is one of the final chapters,maybe the next one or the one after will be
And I decided to upload a shelfie. I have another shelf but this one is my favourite😊I hope you like it and this chapter!
-
Hour after hour pass and nothing happens. We hear the television blazing from downstairs. We don't speak for quite a while-I know there's no point, we're never leaving. I don't know about Thomas,I don't know if he has hope but I don't want to ruin it. He deserves a way out,and I'd rather it be he free than me. He deserves it.

I wonder about Dylan,I hate that he'll be upset and anxious. Same for Brenda,she's a good friend and people like her,Thomas,Dylan,Alex and Will don't come around that often. But now I had nothing. I'm back where I started. A part of me wonders that if we die then such a display of death it could be considered a victory. But I don't want to die this way. Not with a million admires, just the ones who loved me and for who I truly was. You see the thing about Emma Dawson is that there are wounds that never show on my body,that are deeper and more harmful than anything that bleeds.

Thomas holds me close,I remember months ago being held like this against him. A lot happened in that time,all which changed who I am today.
"There must be something to get us out," Thomas says,pacing around the room.
"I don't think so,we've checked this room before, plus it's tiny,"
"You're not dying like this!"
"What and a jump of a bridge or a knife in my stomach was okay?"
"No it wasn't! How painful do you think it is for me Emma. You don't know that I spend nights on end crying about you that I'm scared what will happen to my best friend. And how you get all this rubbish you don't deserve. You were suffering all this long with my on the other side of it and I didn't even do a thing, and I'm sorry,"
"It's not your fault. I wasn't going to let you in. You couldn't see me like this. But you're right,we'll find a way out,just I don't know how,"

The door opens a little while later. He stands there,laughing at us.
"Look I'm going out. So I've got a mate to look after you. Meet Chris," And that's when my mouth opens wide,the same for him but I shut it up. Pretending not to know anything.
Once he's gone Chris enters.
"What the hell?" I demand "You're in on this plan?"
"No!" He says "I was told I had to look after his dogs. Not you guys!"
"Get us out!"
"Alex has been going crazy. Same with the rest of your friends,"
"Get us out Chris!"
"I can't,"
"Why?"
"He'll kill me, he said he'd kill me,Kaya and Alex. Emma,I can't have that,I'm sorry. I can't let my little brother and sister die,"
"Please. Can't you get Tom out,and leave me?"
"No. Sorry,"

I feel like breaking. But I let it past. I can't break down. Not until the end.
"What could we do?" I ask Chris,who's sitting at the other side of the room. Thomas remains silent,not saying a word to anyone.
"We could try. But we'd have to be careful. Right,I'll be back in an hour or so,"
He leaves the room and locks the door. He has to.

Tom stays still,saying nothing just staring at the wall.
"You hear that Tom,we're getting out of here," I say.
"We can't leave," he whispers as a tear rolls down his cheek. He turns to me "Emma. He'll hurt us,he'll hurt all of us,"
"That's the plan. We will be okay if we follow it. Chris is someone who can be trusted,"
"If I don't make it back tell my mum-"
"Shut up!"
"Emma-"
"No! I don't want to discuss it Tom,"

It's about an hour later when the key slips underneath the door. I react quickly,I grab it,hauling Thomas up and unlocking it. The coast is surprisingly clean. We walk down slowly until I crash into someone. I'm about to scream when a hand covers my mouth and I look up to see Dylan. I smile and crash into his arms,hugging and holding him tight.
"His did you know?" I ask him in a whisper.
"Chris," he replies "Come on. Let's go,"

We walk downstairs until we hear the door open. I begin to cry but we hide behind the couch. We hear the stairs and see he's going to the room that me and Thomas were trapped in. Which is now open and empty. We tip toe to the door and when we try opening it we see it's shut. So is everything else,the doors won't smash so we have no escape. That's when we hear a smash, something is being smashed against the window, then glass flies through the room and I hear a scream. Will appears through the other side of the window.
"COME ON!" He screams.
We all react quickly and escape out of her window. I hear screams coming from behind us but we run. Run away from the house,until we're far away.
We slump against a wall and I see everyone-Alex because they borrowed his chair to smash it's way through,Will,Brenda,Chris and Kaya.

Dylan holds me tight against him. Stroking my hair as I cry. What will happen to us now? Will he find us?
Thomas is truly exhausted,lying there against the wall with his eyes shut as Kaya and Brenda give him water and check to see if he's okay.
"Is he gonna be all right?" I ask Kaya.
"Yeah," she responds "He's just a little weak. Don't worry,we've got food. We'll get you home and get you both in nice warm baths,"
"Thank you."

I sit in the warm water,motionless. Arms pulled around my knees as tears stream down my face. I quickly wash my hair,get changed then head downstairs. But I notice no ones there.

"DYLAN!" I scream,running through the rooms until I crash into Will. "Where is everyone?"
"In the garden," he says "Emma are you okay?"
"Of course not. I thought you were all dead!"
"We're okay. Emma it's okay,"

Once we get outside I sit on a check beside Dylan,not saying much.
"Here," Dylan hands me a glass of orange juice.
"Thanks..." I mutter, "For everything,"
"What happened?" He asks "Like with everything."
"It happened before school,"
"I was panicking, that you weren't in,"
"Did you try to escape?"
"Not really. I didn't really care to try.."
"Why not?"
"Sometimes you don't look very hard for the things you don't believe will or can happen,"
"It was Chris. He told us and was in floods of tears. Same as me,they told me not to go in. But I wouldn't care if I died,I'd rather risk my life saving you than spending my life without you. Emma we all love you,me,Will,Brenda,Alex the ones who love you will never leave you,even if there comes a hundred reasons to give up,there will always been one reason to hold up. And that reason is you,"

I give him a quick kiss after that and hug him tight. As we both start to cry.

A few hours later,me and Brenda are in her room, songs played quietly on the iPod. We lie on the bed next to each other,leaning against the pink headboard.
"I can't believe you almost could of..." Her voice trails off after.
"Yeah," that's all I can say "Who to choose?"
"What?"
"Dylan or Thomas, who to choose?"
"I thought you liked Dylan,"
"I do but I feel like I'm falling for one of my best friends too,"
"It's your choice. But it really shows you trust me,"
"Of course I do. Brenda..."
"Yes?"
"I have a secret,"
"What is it?"
"Before let me ask you a question... When you met me,what did you think?"
"You seemed sweet. A little mean at first but then I really liked you. And I still do,"
"I mean what did you think of who I truly was?"
"I don't know. But I've kind of figured after the accident," she gestures to the stitches in my chest, so I understand what she's talking about "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on,"