Chapter 21-Brenda

"Emma!" My mums voice calls.
"What?" I snap,storming down the stairs. I was half way in doing my make up. I then see my mum with a girl. She's my age pretty,with long brown hair and dark eyes that made the whites seem to glow brightly.
"Who's this?" I ask.
"This is Brenda," my mother answers "She's my friends daughter. She's going to hang out with you today,"
"What? No! I'm seeing my friends,"
"Well take her with you,"
"Fine.. Come with me then,"

We enter my room and I put my final touches on. Spending quite a while with my mascara so hopefully Brenda will fall through the floor boards. Sorry for sounding mean but,I don't want her. I get a weird vibe when I see that girl.
"Your rooms amazing Em!" She says,touching practically everything I mean "This is gonna be great! You know I'm sleeping over too,"
"No. I didn't,"
"Well I am. And I can't wait to meet your friends,"
"Yeah. Well you better behave yourself,"
"Don't worry, I will,"
"Okay. Let's go then."

My mum drives us to Dylan's. When he opens the door he looks at Brenda.
"She's my mums friend," I explain "She had to come,"
"It's fine," he says "The more the merrier,"
"If you say so,"
Brenda introduces herself to Alex and Will too. She's very forward and sociable.
"You good friends with Em?" Brenda asks Dylan.
"Yeah!" Dylan wraps his arms around me "She's my girlfriend,"
"No wonder she didn't want me round to your house! Well she's lucky. To have a guy like you. You're the type of guy girls like. You know?"
What the hell is she doing?
"Umm..." Dylan stutters "Well thanks,"
"Don't mention it,"

Normally I love making friends. But not when she's acting like that towards my boyfriend. Who does she think she is?

I walk outside to the garden. I just need some time alone. To think.
"Em..." Brenda's voice calls.
"What?" I demand.
She sits beside me "What's up?"
"Not much."
"There's always something. I'm sorry if I acted a bit weird to Dylan. I've just,I'm just not that good and making friends,"
"Don't worry. I felt like that at first. You'll get used to it,"
"Are we friends?"
"Yeah. If you want,"
"Here," she hands me a locket. Pink with 'Friends' written onto it "I have the other half see. They go together to say Best Friends. We'll keep these forever,"
"Okay,sweet." I look at her a give a big smile "Thanks Brenda,"
"No problem,"

Once we get back from Dylan's and dropping Will and Alex back at their houses. My mum gives me and Brenda sweets.
"I brought a ton of movies!" Brenda says "What shall we watch?"
"How about we start with City of Bones?" I suggest.
"Sure. Em,who's Thomas S?"
"My best friend,why?"
"He's Skype calling you,"
"Dam. Just give me a sec,"

I grab my laptop and run into my bathroom,lying in the luckily dry bath tub with the computer on my laptop.
"Hey," I say as Thomas' face comes into my view.
"Hey," he replies "Why in your bathroom?"
"My friend Brenda is around and she's staying tonight so we can't talk that long,"
"Okay. So how's life?"
"Grand. Well at the moment it is,what about you?"
"Can't complain. Well.. Emma,there's something I need to tell you,"
"Yeah?"
"I'm moving away. To Australia,"
"What? When?"
"In two days. I'm sorry,"
"You knew this and you didn't tell me?"
"Sorry.. Look,come round my place tomorrow and-"

I hang up right away and climb out of the bathtub and lean against the edge as I start crying. This can't be happening. The door then opens and Brenda comes with great concern on her face,but she doesn't ask me what's wrong she just sits next to me and wraps her arms around me as I let everything out.
"I'm sorry," I sniff.
"Don't worry," she strokes my hair. "Don't feel bad about crying. Ever,"
-

Thomas' news!! 😰

Hmmm... Brenda.

What do you think of her? Comment!!