C H A P T E R T H R E E

C H A P T E R   T H R E E
Homework

C H A P T E R   T H R E EHomework

_____________________________

Once Roni came home from school, she started on her homework. The boys had finally rubbed off on her. She now does her homework every night with minimal procrastinating. But that doesn't mean she's making perfect grades but she's trying her hardest.

She blows off the notebook and looks between the textbook and the paper, furrowing her eyebrows. Roni sighs and grabs the notebook, heading out the room. She hits her fist on Steve's bedroom door. After hearing a 'come in' she enters.

Steve applied a fresh coat of Farrah Fawcett spray on his hair. "Hey, Steve, I need some- what're you getting dressed for?" Roni looks up from her notebook to notice.

"Nance and I are having dinner with Barb's parents. I have to pick her up in a few minutes, why?" He looks towards her, finishing his hair routine. Roni shakes her head.

"Uh, nothing. Um, well, see ya," Roni backs up out of the room and goes back into hers. She throws the notebook on her desk and flops down on her bed, reaching for her radio underneath her bed. "Is anyone there?"

"Roni? What are you doing on this channel?" Mike asks through the radio. Roni sits back up, knitting her eyebrows in confusion.

"I could ask you the same thing, Wheeler," It dawns on her. "Are you still trying to talk to her?" Roni asks. Mike has been trying to contact Eleven since she's been gone. At first, Roni thought this was a grieving thing to sort through his feelings. But after a few months and he's still doing it, she realized that Mike really thought that Eleven was alive.

"...Yeah, I know she's out there. I just know," Mike says quietly. Roni sighs and pushes her blonde hair from her face.

"Mike, it's been almost a year. I'm not telling you to give up, but I'm just saying ...there's a chance that-" He interrupts.

"No! El's alive, I know it. She...she just can't talk to me right now," Mike protests.

"Okay, okay, I understand. If she is alive... I know you of all people would find her," She sucked in a breath.

"Guys, guys! Guess what?! Max is Mad Max!" Dustin exclaims excitedly.

Roni rolls her eyes. "Mike is busy right now, Dustin, and news flash; We already know!" She yells into the radio and pulls back down the antenna, shutting her away from the world. She puffs out her cheeks in anger.

Someone knocks on the door before entering. Roni's blue eyes widen as she sees her mother walk in with her father in tow. Their faces red with anger and disappointment. She looks back at them and opens her mouth.

"Crap."